Ultimate Subaru Message Board

1975 Subaru 1400 (Pics)

Very nice Stage 1 specimen!!! Is there anyway to get it? Does the yard still have the title?

Someone needs to get this....it looks too good. I have no room, or I'd jump on it.

Whats the condition of the floors? How long has it been sitting? (Maybe the owner knows)

At the very least, there are many elusive stage one parts there!!

Todd

It's at State Street Auto Wrecking on the way south on st street from Provo to Springville.

They actually have about 10-15 subarus. There are a few early 80's models which I was able to get some parts for my Brat from, a lot of mid to late 80's wagons, one turbo XT DONT GO STEAL MY DISC BRAKES! ;) An outback, and some 90's legacy wagons. There are several cars with the stylish rims from the 80's like what is on this Brat in the gallery:

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/photos/showphoto.php?photo=7055&sort=1&size=medium&cat=500&page=1

There is only one turbo car so only 1 disc conversion, and I am trying to get the rear hubs/rotors off but I ran out of time today. I will have to go back next week to get the rest of the conversion.

- Harv

What yard is it?

Do they have any other Subaru'z there?

Up here they squished 4 at my favorite yard...down to 3 now :banghead:

They are getting hard to find...

Glenn

82 SubaruHummer

84 GL Mad Max

01 Forester

DARN`IT:mad: :-\ :slobber::mad::(

i just called the place, and they said once they go inside the yard, they are for parts only!man does that make me mad, what a beatiful rare sube to go to waste.i wanted that so bad.if you guys need parts, get as much of it as you can!i would like to buy each peice, and put it back together:lol: please somebody get something off it before it goes to the crusher!

Jon

thats too bad it got to the wrecking yard. i see that too often.. like last year saw an 84 turbo coupe perfect body...complete!!! car and it was being parted out. i gues people don't or didn't apreceate them.. there rair but not desireable.

that being said that would be a sweet restor project..all original take it to shows..it would shock many people... most probably didn't k now they existed.

I guarantee $200 would get it out of Jail.

What's it worth to you$$$ :brow:

I know if I offered the guy cash and had a trailer with me it would leave with me. :cool:

I don't do older Subies. But I'd be happy to help someone who wants it.

Oh ya....

At this time I think it would be appropriate to say...

I have no storage space!

if you think you might be able to do something like this, i would give you a pretty nice fee (say like $200), but the car would have to be reasonably cheap (under $475), let me know,i don`t want to commit to doing this right now, just throwing some numbers out, but if your interested, pm me.i hate to see it go to waste

Man...somebody talk to this guy in the yard. Tell him it's going to a collector home and all us enthuiasts should call the yard to pressure the guy!

Titles are not an issue. Broadway title can help you with that.

Crushing is not an option here!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll do what I can to help from this end, just let me know. I'll call , write letter, ect!

The demand for the parts on this car is essentially ZERO. He will not sell many parts, so he should be glad for a nice offer for the whole car. You need to convey this message to him, (he should already know it)

Todd

You can contact the Wrecking Yard here is their Card

*EDIT* Area Code is 801 *EDIT*

http://66.77.176.5/yellowpages/gif/10/1081_8312_272848752_1081.jpg

When first contacted they said they don't sell it and once it is in the yard it stays there.

If anyone wants to try to buy it go ahead. I am a college student in Utah, I live in a student apartment complex, I have no trailer, nor any room to keep a car on a trailer in our parking lot.

If someone gets a trailer, has a place to keep it, and wants to try to show up with everything and some cash, I can come with you and help you put it on the trailer (If the yard accepts your deal) My Brat has a hitch and can pull a trailer, but you would have to have someplace to keep the car after pickup.

If someone in Utah has a garage and wants to try to buy it, I might pitch in some if we could keep it somewhere where we could work on it on the weekends maybe.

If I had a trailer, and lived in a house with a garage I would try to get it, but alas I'm a student.

You can try to explain to the yard maybe that you're a member of a Subaru Club (USMB) maybe that will work.

I will be going back tomorrow morning to get the rear disc conversion for my Brat off another car in the yard.

Good Luck

-Harv

hey canyou find out how much the bumpers would be???? I need the rear with mounts defanately but would love both cause the front bumper is cracked and looks crappy compared to that one.

PM me with info and how much you would be asking to pull them and shipping to 97222 and oh also the side markers (all 4 of them) would like those too if possible.