Ultimate Subaru Message Board

83 BRAT WRX with EJ20T

rguyver

simple this was a lot easyer , and i get a extra benifit with the smaller tank when the big tank gets below 1\4 tank and i cornered hard i would run out of fuel for a second , this way the little tank will only drop for a second and not starve the engine of fuel , the older Subie gas tanks have no baffels to prevent this . i have built several custom fuelcells for other cars but i didnt want to put it in the box and the under box tank needs a hump for the diff , too much work :D

Im using the WRX rack , that is shortened at the inner tirod ends and some saddle mods to get it to fit porperly for the ujoints , but the stock rack works with the XT6 nuckles you just have to use the XT6 outer tirods , you may have to rethred and shorten the inner tirods too , there are lots of slightly difrent stering wracks they used over the years 80-90 , power or non .

Im using the WRX rack , that is shortened at the inner tirod ends and some saddle mods to get it to fit porperly for the ujoints , but the stock rack works with the XT6 nuckles you just have to use the XT6 outer tirods , you may have to rethred and shorten the inner tirods too , there are lots of slightly difrent stering wracks they used over the years 80-90 , power or non .

I was wondering because I want to speed up my steering. The FSM says the stock EA81 power steering rack is four turns lock to lock. Just looking for something closer to 3 turns.