Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Did U Guys Know???

That a FWD Loyale 5 spd is a blast to drive when it has a new clutch and is running great. I chirped the tires getting on the highway in 1st,2nd,and 3rd. Plus it felt like it was taking off like a rocket (OK OK for EA82 standards). Whoever it was who said "It is more fun to drive a slow car fast than a fast car slow" was right on the money!!!

I LOVE my Loyale!

reminds me of an old song

i can barely churp em in second with my brat on a turn:rolleyes:

my old kia would do it up to 4th

Havent tried 4th yet...maybe tomorrow :grin:

Vrooom Vroom ...CHIIIRRRPP,vroom vroom..CHIIRRPP,vroom vroom..chirp!:banana: :banana:

i can barely churp em in second with my brat on a turn:rolleyes:

I can get a "good" 2nd out of my '86 BRAT. EA-81 Webered with an EA-82 carb intake.

Front axles don't like it to much though!!! :(

Starting to do the gritchy-gritchy-gritchy thing.:eek:

Ain't going to do 3rd without a bit more work done to it, needs a new disty for one...

Nice to hear some kind words on the FWD ones...everyone just seems so hung up on the 4WD and they seem to forget that the FWD ones are a blast to drive..not carrying around the extra weight..and I believe but could be wrong..that the gearing is a bit different.I know mine is even fun to drive in the snow (nice meaty snow tires help). Someday I will have a 4WD one but until then you still couldnt offer me enough money to get rid of my Bucky. 2 years of enjoyment from the most reliable car I have EVER owned. Here's to, at least. another 100,000 miles ( goal is to get 300,000 out of it)

Thanks Phil for the awesome clutch!!!!!

Nice to hear some kind words on the FWD ones.... mine is even fun to drive in the snow (nice meaty snow tires help).

I do like my 4wd, but honestly, it is in FWD even alot of the times in the snow. Tires are key:grin:

I sold my old one to someone in Michigan tired of his ford mustang automatic. He said it handled ten times better in snow than the mustang did. Duh. And that was before he even bothered to put it in 4wd.

racing a jetta in the rain i launched my xt-6 and left near 40 ft of rubber off the back tires

and yes i won

i should mention that that set of tires sucked and lack of traction caused me to rear end some one in the rain 3 weeks later

I do enjoy driving my GL, slow though it may be. It's quite enjoyable to be able to slam through the gears at WOT, rocketing through onramps, and... still not quite be at the speed limit.

As opposed to the RX-7, where doing that nets a merge speed of 90-95mph.

And further opposed to the (not yet existing) project RX-7, which doing the same thing should put me well into the 140-160mph zone.

Really, I just use 4WD for when I'm going through mud/gravel/snow. It gets a bit squirrely around 60mph in FWD (same as all other 2WD cars I've driven on gravel), and 4WD eliminates the slight slip and locks it in rock solid. And being able to accelerate at WOT in snow is just sort of funny.

-=Russ=-

I got 3 speeding tickets in my first Soob. 82 GLF, all stock. The thing was just to much fun to drive fast :rolleyes:

My last 2wd was another GLF, but this one had a Weber on it. I got rid of it before the blue light special got me :D

Now, my lifted hatch can actually light the 30in tires up in 1st low FWD. It also has a Weber. And a divorced t-case.