Ultimate Subaru Message Board

As some of you may have read... Jessica wrecked our 98 Leg GT.. Coincidentally I had been trying to figure out a way to buy this cherry '94 SVX.. Well, insurance ended up totalling out the Legacy... so now we're the proud new owners of an Emerald Pearl 1994 Subaru SVX. She's fully loaded down to the tan leather and suede interior; and remote locks and security system. I've only heard tantalizing stories of the way this car drives and handles. After driving it down a couple of my favorite winding mountain roads.. All I have to say is now I know what "SVX" stands for: "Sweet Vehicular 'X'tasy." With a stock tire size of 225/50/16 and a suspension that leaves me going :banana:WoW:banana: ... The car has grip forever and will only let out a drift on the most terrible opposite banked going over a hill through a wash way too fast corners. The 3.3 liter, 24-valve, four cam, horizontally opposed 6 cylinder has more than enough power all the way through the rpm range. Reaching speeds well in excess of 100mph with ease, the 4AT shifts out of second gear somewhere around 80mph with the pedal to the floor. It needs a 6MT from an STI! All this and it's a pleasure and a comfort to ride in. The seats are beyond comfortable and as a driver you have more adjustments possible than you know what to do with... including telescoping steering wheel. This car leaves me asking "Why haven't I ALWAYS had one of these?!?!" The answer: Because new they were like $35,000!! I also find myself asking "Wanna Race?" a little too often now. With great power comes great responsibility. It is hard to behave in this car! -Eli-

Without further ado, here are some pics:

(click for larger pics)

Exterior:

SVX.thumb.jpg SVX2.thumb.jpg SVX3.thumb.jpg SVX4.thumb.jpg SVX5.thumb.jpg

Interior:

SVXInt.thumb.jpg SVXInt2.thumb.jpg

Motor:

SVXMotor.thumb.jpg SVXMotor2.thumb.jpg SVXMotor3.thumb.jpg

Thanks for reading and viewing.

Congrats on getting a real Subaru... Not this made in America crap. The quality of the Legacy just doesn't compare (coming from an owner of an 03 GT). Does it have a tranny cooler in it yet? If not get one and put a digital gauge in so you know when you're cooking fluids. My garage queen gets the tranny fluid changed 1x a year or about every 1.5k. I'd suggest changing it 2x (drain and fill then drive a day after each) at least now to clean it out. Maybe try some Seafoam tranny fix in there before the first one. Then use Mobil 1 if you're lazy about changing it religously (still should come out at least every 20k though).

Well, this is how they were when I bought it.. I would imagine that the goodyear guys put them on that way... it looks like they are supposed to spin that way... is there a reason or a purpose for the way they are supposed to go? Catches wind? More durable? Makes your wheels look like they are spinning backwards? :brow:

Well, this is how they were when I bought it.. I would imagine that the goodyear guys put them on that way... it looks like they are supposed to spin that way... is there a reason or a purpose for the way they are supposed to go? Catches wind? More durable? Makes your wheels look like they are spinning backwards? :brow:

Better airflow to keep the rotors cool????

If the tires you have are unidirectional, do not just switch sides, because then the tires would be running backwards which would cause real problems. The idea of fan blade wheels is to extract air from under the car. I always thought it was a gimmick to a point. I rember Taurus SHO came with similar wheels in 92 and the wheels were all the same, so one side was running backwards all the time. In 93 they made left and right rotation wheels which looked better, but then could not be cross rotated.

I love my Subarus but I hope the SVX is still around when I can afford to buy one.

Nice ride! Enjoy drive safe.

92 Legacy my wife drives it like a sports car

82 GL wagon

MGB

Mustang Conv

Fiat 850

As some of you may have read... Jessica wrecked our 98 Leg GT.. Coincidentally I had been trying to figure out a way to buy this cherry '94 SVX.. Well, insurance ended up totalling out the Legacy... so now we're the proud new owners of an Emerald Pearl 1994 Subaru SVX. She's fully loaded down to the tan leather and suede interior; and remote locks and security system. I've only heard tantalizing stories of the way this car drives and handles. After driving it down a couple of my favorite winding mountain roads.. All I have to say is now I know what "SVX" stands for: "Sweet Vehicular 'X'tasy." With a stock tire size of 225/50/16 and a suspension that leaves me going :banana:WoW:banana: ... The car has grip forever and will only let out a drift on the most terrible opposite banked going over a hill through a wash way too fast corners. The 3.3 liter, 24-valve, four cam, horizontally opposed 6 cylinder has more than enough power all the way through the rpm range. Reaching speeds well in excess of 100mph with ease, the 4AT shifts out of second gear somewhere around 80mph with the pedal to the floor. It needs a 6MT from an STI! All this and it's a pleasure and a comfort to ride in. The seats are beyond comfortable and as a driver you have more adjustments possible than you know what to do with... including telescoping steering wheel. This car leaves me asking "Why haven't I ALWAYS had one of these?!?!" The answer: Because new they were like $35,000!! I also find myself asking "Wanna Race?" a little too often now. With great power comes great responsibility. It is hard to behave in this car! -Eli-

Without further ado, here are some pics:

(click for larger pics)

Exterior:

SVX.thumb.jpg SVX2.thumb.jpg SVX3.thumb.jpg SVX4.thumb.jpg SVX5.thumb.jpg

Interior:

SVXInt.thumb.jpg SVXInt2.thumb.jpg

Motor:

SVXMotor.thumb.jpg SVXMotor2.thumb.jpg SVXMotor3.thumb.jpg

Thanks for reading and viewing.

Guest Vickaroo

NICE...... VERY VERY NICE!!!!!!! I was getting tired of Chef Tim bringing home subbies and not selling them (like he said) but this one yeah Id have to keep it!!! Id walk it, bath it and give it gas, and pet it every day so if you ever need a good home for her just pm us....:lol: Vicky