Ultimate Subaru Message Board

what do you think......

i thought the same thing....

fuggly and awsome.....

i think im going to do it....:brow:

ive got an uncle thats a body shope guy (teaches it acualy) and they repair cars that involve cutting the unibody like this for class(then they pass it through Californa state inspection) anyway he showed me how to do it... so if the time is right this winter. it may happen....

id also like to put on some fender flairs and 15in pugs....

Mmmm,

so does this mean you'll lift it...

that's the biggest and bestest reason I can see for doin' the bob job, hatches suck on the autocross course, but they do love the submarine impressions...

I say do it up offroader style with the ea81 torsion bar and the 3.90 5spd d/r mated to the 2.2, first gen 1 2.2 hatch (i'd like to see it unhatched), but then you'll prolly have some frame width issues with the body lift and the motor combination.

if your going to keep the awd gearbox and go street ride, just slam it to the ground and leave the wheelbase alone.

my .02

best of luck,

-N

eh....

just get one of these, and lift it. do away with all the cutting you'd have to do...

There is a MINT one of those in red along the road from me - old lady driver, looks like it just came from the factory! Seriously - someone has really taken care of it, even the paint is perfect. I bet she could get a fiar bit of cash from the right person for it..