Ultimate Subaru Message Board

lifting an OBS ?

kalinut

I wanted to install the scorpion body lift kit in my '03 OBS, but autocaresubaru.com seems to have disappeared ... does anyone know what happened to it?

Also anyone in the NJ area have experience installing a body lift in a new-gen sube? I'd like to learn from your experiences before I go and start modding my daily driver.

http://alliedarmament.homestead.com/SubParts.html

Don't waste your money on overpriced components and expensive shipping.

I wanted to install the scorpion body lift kit in my '03 OBS, but autocaresubaru.com seems to have disappeared ... does anyone know what happened to it?

Also anyone in the NJ area have experience installing a body lift in a new-gen sube? I'd like to learn from your experiences before I go and start modding my daily driver.

http://alliedarmament.homestead.com/SubParts.html

Don't waste your money on overpriced components and expensive shipping.

$700 is a LOT of money. . . What's the price of a Scorpion kit?

Also, what's the difference?

It comes as 2.5” lift for the outback and 4” lift for the Legacy.

I thought they were basically the same 95-99. Do you just add on to the existing blocks on the Outback?

I think the impreza would be pretty friggin similar, cuz just about everything is swappable as far as suspesion between an OB and an OBS. (imp 93-00, leg 95-99)

If I were you, I'd contact Jamie Subiegal, she has a good bit of knowledge when it comes to parts interchangeability. (cool word :lol: ) She's modded a 96? Leg GT, 99? RS and now a GD style WRX.

But, in the end, I wouldn't bother lifting my imp too high till there's Dual Ranges available for them. And I don't mean ea82 trannys jimmy rigged to fit an EJ either. :) I know first hand how hard it is for the stock tranny to turn 27's at slow speeds thru rough terrain and such.

Ooops I need to change the price on the website. It should be $600.

You remove almost all of the existing blocks on the outback, except for the two in the rear. Then replace all of them with our 4" blocks and 2.5 " strut extensions front and rear.

$700 is a LOT of money. . . What's the price of a Scorpion kit?

Also, what's the difference?

I thought they were basically the same 95-99. Do you just add on to the existing blocks on the Outback?

I think the impreza would be pretty friggin similar, cuz just about everything is swappable as far as suspesion between an OB and an OBS. (imp 93-00, leg 95-99)

If I were you, I'd contact Jamie Subiegal, she has a good bit of knowledge when it comes to parts interchangeability. (cool word :lol: ) She's modded a 96? Leg GT, 99? RS and now a GD style WRX.

But, in the end, I wouldn't bother lifting my imp too high till there's Dual Ranges available for them. And I don't mean ea82 trannys jimmy rigged to fit an EJ either. :) I know first hand how hard it is for the stock tranny to turn 27's at slow speeds thru rough terrain and such.

You need to watch out, I believe the strut top design is different for the rear of the 02+'s compaired to what most of the lift kits are designed for...

hi guys.

03 OBS

has completely different rear top hats vs an older model impreza

as far as the impreza line strut tops?

03 is the same as 02 and that's it.

but... i do believe these to be damn near identical to 96-99 Legacy rear tops

i've yet to compare them side to side, but believe them to be the same.

really though, the only way to find out for sure is to try it

any manufacturer would be very smart ;) to offer 1/2 off to the first guinea pig OBS as sponsorship so that they know for sure what works and what does not.... :)

Jamie

You need to watch out, I believe the strut top design is different for the rear of the 02+'s compaired to what most of the lift kits are designed for...

Thats what I was afraid of ... even the allied armament website mentions they haven't tried their kit on an impreza