Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Offroad Subaru Clubs?

Scott in Bellingham

is there any active Offroad Subaru Clubs out there? not just a 4x4 club with a few soobies but a group thats about all they do is Subaru. in active I mean have a good size group of members , hold regular sheduled events/outing/meetings,

where a guy could go to get inolved with the sport, I have heard of the Hatch Patrol Club , is it active?

I really don't know of any "active" Soob Off Road clubs. The HP has been whittled down to like 4 local members, Tex, Turbone, Ken and myself. (hopefully Mike W will someday join us again in person and not just in spirit) :)

I don't have any desire or plans to offroad a Soob ever again now that I have my Toy. But, we've always welcomed any body in any kind of rig into our club. I've even owned 2 Samurais in our 5 years or so as a club. Just because you don't see other kinds of 4Xs on the vids doesn't mean that they weren't with us.

Truthfully though. The whole club thing kind of began to get on my nerves. Nobody has any kind of gumption to actually organize events, and only a few will actually commit to showing up. I've found that 2 or 3 is the ideal amount of rigs to have on a trail. More than that gets to be a pain in the rump roast, especially the new guys who come unprepared. ramble ramble blah blah. . . :drunk:

I don't have any desire or plans to offroad a Soob ever again now that I have my Toy.

So does this mean no more wcss's for Zap?:lol: It IS hard to get everyone together due to schedules and things, too bad we couldn't all work in the same profession and all have the same days off. Oh well, we do the best we can.