Ultimate Subaru Message Board

How do YOU keep from smashing tail lights?

Ryanb

Plenty of us posted useful stuff, like trying to tell you how dumb those little protector things are and why. Do you really think that one would do squat if you backed into something?

You asked how WE keep from smashing our tail lights. WE collectively told you.

I agree , the grills won't offer 100% smash protection,, they might not even offer 20% smash protection. But they will help with the occasional flying gravel hit and some light bush wacking protection. manly they just look a little better than a giant piece of angle iron welded to your rear bumper;)

However the best sugestions I have seen here is ,

"Cautious driving techniques" and "Taking the lenses out before taking on the rough stuff"

Plenty of us posted useful stuff, like trying to tell you how dumb those little protector things are and why. Do you really think that one would do squat if you backed into something?

You asked how WE keep from smashing our tail lights. WE collectively told you.

Jeez kinda rough on the guy :-p

Alright..thanks I guess. Sure are a lot of sarcastic comments . While I didn't agree with who ever posted the grill idea, it was still nice to get a serious answer and an actuall opinion. Not a " I watch where i'm going" . Yeah? So do I. I've broken one while driving, it was unavoidable. The other two where while getting un stuck. Again, unavoidable.

Thanks to those who suggested usefull things, even the taking the lenses out, hadn't thought of it. Probably even getter better light.

To those who like ot be funny, you know I thought this bored was about helping, getting information, and making connections. It seems like since we all have this in common we actually be able to help eachother out, not just throw egos around. ************ if I wanted a jerkoff opinion I would have pm'd Mud Ratt or General Disorder.

Also, it's clear some of you don't real all the way, as you said things that contradicted what I sauid in the post, If you are gonna be a know it all pleae make sure you get all the details first.

I will refrain from needing help in the future.

Dude, chill out. Take a breath. Nobody is trying to piss you off, we're just a bunch of sube folks trying to get the most out of our cars. A few of the guys who posted in response to your question have been offroading rus for years. They know more about these cars then I can ever hope to. Take their suggestions with a grain of salt, because they've been where you are now. Again, not trying to pour gas on the fire, just trying to keep a board member from disappearing.

And yes, some of us speak our minds too quickly...

the guys up here mostly run Toypta pickup, the ones that get alot of trail use have the rubber mounted round lights that mount on a flat surface,and are inset,they usually mount them in the tailgate away from the corner, like you see on the back of semi trailers , most all the corner mounted taillights end up broken or cracked

To those who like ot be funny, you know I thought this bored was about helping, getting information, and making connections. It seems like since we all have this in common we actually be able to help eachother out, not just throw egos around. ************ if I wanted a jerkoff opinion I would have pm'd Mud Ratt or General Disorder.

Also, it's clear some of you don't real all the way, as you said things that contradicted what I sauid in the post, If you are gonna be a know it all pleae make sure you get all the details first.

This is how the USMB is becoming, too many people with too much ego. this has become a place for advance fact, not helpful opinions...that's why I haven't posted on this thread, or many others.

Makes me think about This?

For the record in the hatch I ripped a blinker out on the trail once, it was unavoidable:drunk:

But I just reconnected it with some electrical tape!:rolleyes:

If your having problems with your lights in their stock location you could move em.......

What! no duct tape?:lol:

I carry a huge role of fiberglass reinforced non-metalic duct tape in the subee. It's some strong stuff:grin: probly more like carpet tape

Alright..thanks I guess. Sure are a lot of sarcastic comments . While I didn't agree with who ever posted the grill idea, it was still nice to get a serious answer and an actuall opinion. Not a " I watch where i'm going" . Yeah? So do I. I've broken one while driving, it was unavoidable. The other two where while getting un stuck. Again, unavoidable.

Thanks to those who suggested usefull things, even the taking the lenses out, hadn't thought of it. Probably even getter better light.

Your feathers seem a bit ruffled here. You have obviously been around for a while if you remember the General. So, by now you should also have known better than to post such a ridiculously open ended question.

How do YOU keep from smashing tail lights?

We told you. What more do you want? Paying attention on the trail is as important as paying attention on the road.

If you want people to understand the questions maybe proof read your posts so they make sense. Better yet, just relax and don't make it personal. Unless you want it that way.

Yeah, I got irritated. Sorry. Most of the reason is people keep telling me to post more clearly. I thought I had. I clearly stated that they had been wrecked (in two out of three cases) during retrevials. NOT during actual driving. I am a decent driver, and have some trail experience as well. What I was searching for was an opinion on reinforcing them.

I guess it's like when I was 12 and my mom had to ask me specific questions to keep from getting sarcastic answers because I was a little know it all ( suprising right) , so that's been noted for the future. I will ask as direct of questions as I can, or refrain from asking at all.

I love my EA81 and I don't want to start static here as I could use opinions in the future, and would like to be able to give back as well. I've made a few good conections here, and had some great luck with selling and purchasing pasrts. I just never got this side of things before now.

So again I apologize to those who I offended, but I'm not erasing names of people in my post, and they know why.

-Ryan