Ultimate Subaru Message Board

frankensoobie

johnnyk

No way on a midget without EXTENSIVE fab work, basicly replaceing the front clip, and probibly not a MGB either, where would the steering shaft go. also MGs didn't have struts, they uesd a lower A arm and upper controlarm/lever shock, struts likely woulden't fit under the stock sheetmetal. besides an MGs motor sits behind the front axle line with little room in front of it so awd in the standard subaru manner is out of the question without moveing the radiator somewhere else and ruining the dynamics. the best bet would be to ues the stock tranny and a divorced Tcase to a front diff. Now here's an idea, a while back i got to mesureing and the track and wheelbase of a midget is almost identical to that of a WWII model jeep (and the civvie models postwar.) so a midget body might be made to fit.

summery Subie motors are too wide for a Midget.

Craigslist had a Phillipine stainless steel flat fender Jeep body listed in Billings. Got me fantasizing about Subaru running gear in a WWII era Jeep, which what I learned to drive in at eleven.

I love driving those old jeeps ... old roots die hard. I couldn't visualize the suspension, tho'. 'Sides, no new projects until my airplane is out of our garage.

Craigslist had a Phillipine stainless steel flat fender Jeep body listed in Billings. Got me fantasizing about Subaru running gear in a WWII era Jeep, which what I learned to drive in at eleven.

I love driving those old jeeps ... old roots die hard. I couldn't visualize the suspension, tho'. 'Sides, no new projects until my airplane is out of our garage.

No need for a running gear swap. Jeep has done IS in the past. The old Mutt :)

http://members.cox.net/~m151/muttdrw.jpg

http://members.cox.net/whooven/m151.jpg

I don't know about triumphs, but I DO know MGs and no struts there. The Midget and B were essentally the same car from introduction in 61 for the midget (and the same chassis in 58 I believe as the Bugeye sprite) and the 70's i believe for the B untill their discontinuation in 1980. part of their downfall is they didn't update the chassis and suspension. MG is still around as a branch of rover But has an uncertin future.

:slobber:

The XPower SV Club Sport features a more powerful 5.0-litre V8 with 410bhp, a 0-62mph (100km/h) of c4.4 seconds and a top speed limited to 195mph (314km/h).

The car on show at the British International Motor Show is the MG XPower SV Club Sport spec, in this case powered by a special 465bhp Sean Hyland tuned 5.0-litre quad-cam V8 engine. A top speed in excess of 200mph (320km/h) and a 0-60mph (0-100km/h) time of c4.2 seconds is possible. Engines with much higher stages of tune, even with factory approved nitrous oxide injection kits, will be available to produce extreme power outputs.

saw that transplant the guy did with the porche and it got me fantasizing

thought I remembered the later triumphs having struts

I have a 75 TR7, struts, a quick and dirty engine bay measure revealed almost identical dimensions as the 75 subaru wagon sitting next to it. Both need new engines, what to do...

• 2 weeks later...

wern't they called jeepenys ?