Ultimate Subaru Message Board

'05 OBW diagrams for cubby, lighter cover?

So I'm looking at installing satellite radio in my '05 OBW Limited and I haven't been able to find anything that gives the measurements of the cubby and/or the cigarette lighter. Sure I can measure, but I thought if someone knew where I could get "official" numbers it would be better.

Thanks,

Jeff

I don't know anything about satelite radio...

How does the SR unit interface with the factory unit? Have you worked out these details yet?

I have not personally worked it out, but there's some good info out there on other forums. As a result of the combined AC/radio, it's harder on the '05s than on many other cars, since you can't swap out the head unit.

I have not personally worked it out, but there's some good info out there on other forums. As a result of the combined AC/radio, it's harder on the '05s than on many other cars, since you can't swap out the head unit.

Exactly why I was asking.... I was wanting MP3 capapbility and figured I would just swap out the factory head unit anyhow. Well, of course, until I learned about the problems associated.

Once you have it worked out, I'd be interested to see what your solutions were.

Thanks!