Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Window/Door glass

I am having a problem with my drivers side door window glass. I was not able to get a complete seal when the window was closed (it was away from the rubber in the upper right corner). I replaced the weather strip with another and now the window hits the strip and lays down on top of it creating even more space than before. With the new strip, if I lower the window and raise it back with the door closed, it seals perfectly. Has anyone else had this problem (inherent to the no window frame design I assume) and if you have, how did you fix it?

When I turn my heater on high it blows the glass away from my seal and I hear wind noise:madder:

I just run my heater on 3 instead of 4 so it dosen't blow out the seal.:mad:

I have taken to holding my window if I close the door if the window is not up.:(

Your not alone,

Glenn,

82 Hatch, no doors or window anymore....:temper:

01 Forester, better not start doing this.....:madder:

Guest taprackready

You may also have to adjust the window glass. There is an upper and lower adjustment on the front and aft track, there is also a stop which adjusts where the glass stops on full roll up.

Bill