Ultimate Subaru Message Board

The New 78 Brat pics

picked it up friday.not really what i was expecting (kappy kind of lied about the interior and a couple dents)

it still is rust free and has alot of potential.the interior is shot, but it probly runs better than any other sube i`ve owned.

after taking off the cap, cleaning it up, undercoating the unibody, and painting the wheels, here is how she looks.

post-2097-136027604219_thumb.jpg

post-2097-136027604224_thumb.jpg

post-2097-13602760423_thumb.jpg

thanks for all the comments guys!i used that rubberized undercoating on the frame. (for all of about 6 bucks) did the whole thing.it improves the look and protects from rusting.fyi, its a pain to get off your hands, trust me, i ended up using gas.

i love the way the black looks on these steelies, kind of gives the truck a utility look.going to put some chrome trim rings on the wheels also.the best paint for wheels is engine or heat paint (made by krylon, comes in a spray can) it has a much harder and better looking finish that regular spray paint.

i will be adding a weber in the next couple weeks, then an accel coil and electric disty swap.in the process of putting together some kind of decent interior, and putting in a CD player.also putting in a cyclops light Phatbrat just sold me.brake and susp maybe after the winter.i love this little thing, runs smoother than my Dad's forester:lol: also built like a tank:D

thanks for the replies guys