Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I am getting a CEL with a P0106 code:

Manifold Absolute Pressure / Barometric Pressure Circuit Range / Performance Problem

I have been getting this code for a week now, and I am becoming frustrated because I can't figure it out. icon8.gif I attempted to replace the Pressure sensor located on the passenger strut tower, but this has not solved the problem. I am experiencing a rough shift from first to second gear, and hesitated acceleration. If anyone has any idea where I should start looking please let me know.

Be SURE all the vacuum hoses are on. There is one toward the Throttle Body easily knocked off when you change the Air Cleaner or service near rhe read of the engine.

I went through and double checked all of the vacuum hoses, and it looked like they were all hooked up. I recently had new head gasket, t-belt and water pump installed, is it possible that the mechanic either left something unhooked or replaced it in the wrong spot? Is there anything else worth checking besides the hoses being hooked up properly?

Well, it looks like I had a vacumm leak due to an unconnected hose. Upon further inspection I found a hose dangeling from my pressure sensor silenoid, which connects to a t-piece by the throttle body. I reconnected it and the CEL has finally gone away. Thanks ferret!