Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Wagons only - post your pictures here!

Nothing stupid about it :) It will probably help someone else as well!

Every member (to my knowledge) can create a photo gallery that is hosted here on the USMB. The pictures can only be posted here, which is probably not an issue for most people. Under your "Private Messages" link, you will see the photo gallery link in the USMB toolbar. Click it, then click "upload photos", and the rest should be fairly obvious. Good luck with it :)

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seb, we're almost twins! Is that a 2001? It looks great :)

Indeed. It is a 2000... The front bumber might not be the "original" 2000 style as I had an encounter with a deer about a year ago and the front was completely redone. I like the look of yours with those lights on the front :cool:

Seb

Nice wagon!

Thanks! :)

It's stock except for the Pugs and lights. Unfortunately, it has little dents in almost every panel, but the pictures do a good job of hiding them.

I got a nice comment on it the other day after a staff meeting when one of our other IT guys drove by in the parking lot and stopped to comment that it looked like a rally car, which I consider a high compliment because he used to race rally cars. Now if I only had time and money to make it perform like a rally car.

Oh well. I really enjoy driving it anyway.

How'd you install those driving lights? Are they attached to the grill or bumper? Pretty easy installation? I think it looks great! Does it decrease airflow into the engine significantly (ie, you don't heat up do you?). Thanks.

Old school representation :) Nice!

Here is mine with the summer shoes on. Snows go on this week or next...whenever it gets cold again.

349frontgood-med.jpg

scruffycyclist - They are attached to the grill, which is attached to the hood, and they are pretty stable. So when I raise the hood, the lights go with it, which puts them out of harms way. The "bounce" at night when they are lit isn't too bad at all. I am going to put a piece of black foam weatherstripping between the grill and the bumper and that should firm it up nicely. My relay is fried or I would get you some pictures of them on...now that I think of it, I really need to fix that relay (I'm going on 2 months without working Hellas!). Thanks for the compliments,

Kevin

btw, no problems with running hot or anything

Ok, Emily is a work in progress. I'm repairing the bodywork that the original owner let go (he was hit a few times in parking lots and such, so the original doors were pretty banged up). She is not the prettiest on the outside, but she runs like a top, and quick as all get-out. . .

7470100_0035-med.JPG

Look in my gallery for more. . .

Subie Gal, I think you just got the complete attention of every guy on this board. ;)

That is a sweet wagon you got there. I'm interested, though. Is there a reason to rally wagons instead of sedans? Stiffer body perhaps? You are the second person I've heard of rallying wagons. I would think the rear end would tend to wash out, or the weight to be too high for the size of the engine. . . Where am I wrong?

Subie Gal, I think you just got the complete attention of every guy on this board. ;)

That is a sweet wagon you got there. I'm interested, though. Is there a reason to rally wagons instead of sedans? Stiffer body perhaps? You are the second person I've heard of rallying wagons. I would think the rear end would tend to wash out, or the weight to be too high for the size of the engine. . . Where am I wrong?

I chose to rally the wagon simply coz nobody else was doing it.

*it's just as fast as the sedan

*just as capable

i have the suspension set up so that the car handles like a dream.

it wasnt always so, quite a learning experience

weight difference vs sedan = 80lbs

hell.. i weigh 80lbs less than most other drivers :D

it's a good rally car. really glad i chose to try something different.

Jamie subiegal-smilie.png

Gnuman...I wouldn't say your 92 wagon is "not the prettiest". I would call that a custom Burgandy-Winestone-Pearl Door Modification. :brow:

Actually, only the rear door is changed in that pic. It is actually a "the metal is straight" door modification. ;)

There are a few other patches as well, where he got tagged. Got the car in his late 70's and gave up his license (and sold the car to my stepdaughter) in his early 80's. He passed away about a year and a half ago, sadly. Just before I aquired the car. My one regret is that he never got to see what I did to improve the car. He was very into functionality, and most of the improvements added to that. He could give a whit about bodywork however, and did not have any of the dings fixed. That is really the one thing that is wrong with Emily. Everything else is way better than any rational expectation. . .

Here is a pic of the "Entertainment Center":

7470100_00431-med.JPG

Note that the CD player is out of an SVX, and the foot stays pinned to the firewall. . . :burnout: