Ultimate Subaru Message Board

new member and new subaru owner

offroadbryan

hey everyone, I am the new owner of an 83 wagon. I have had it 2 weeks and the head gaskets blew. Just my luck. I am having an engine from an 87 installed this weekend.

I was hoping someone might know where i can get a front bumper that is a brush guard.

also im looking to go out on a 4X4 trip? are there any events going on?

Welcome aboard. Pisser about the motor, did that to an 83 I own recently. As far as front bumpers... check around, do a forum search... I don't want to leave anyone out, but there's a guy who does one-off fabs (forget the URL), AA does em, a guy by the the SN of mudrat does em, he's close to you, think PDX.

As far as 4x4, try the offroad forum. There's a Hatch Patrol christmas tree dealie comin up here soon, and there's always people going out on the spur of the moment. If you lived closer to Idaho, say, Spokane/Moses Lake, I'd go with ya. But you're on other side of the state. Good trails over there, I hear.

Anyway, welcome aboard, good luck on the engine, the bumpers, and finding an outing.

Chris

yep, www.alliedarmament.com (AA)

TWB fabrications (search for board member soobme)

Mudrat79

Yup, what he said. There were also some factory guards, but they are hard to come by anymore.

I'm just south of you a little ways, there's plenty of trails in and around my area to go out and try. I'm just waiting for my latest project to be complete before I head out again.