Ultimate Subaru Message Board

be nice to your cv joints

I just spent 2 and a half hours changing one of my axles. I had to put new boots on the one that went in too.

My brother suspects that it broke because of my want to get the car sideways. ever since I got the car back on the road, about two weeks ago, I have been taking the corner onto my street (dirt road) rather interestingly. I approach at about 55kph and stick it into second, then (the stupid part) I go almost full lock right and floor it. The last two or three times I've got some wicked sideways action. But my left outer CV joint has paid the price. Remember people, full lock on a Subaru is not a happy situation when you add full throttle...

just thought I'd share my stupidity with all of you :)

I just spent 2 and a half hours changing one of my axles. I had to put new boots on the one that went in too.

My brother suspects that it broke because of my want to get the car sideways. ever since I got the car back on the road, about two weeks ago, I have been taking the corner onto my street (dirt road) rather interestingly. I approach at about 55kph and stick it into second, then (the stupid part) I go almost full lock right and floor it. The last two or three times I've got some wicked sideways action. But my left outer CV joint has paid the price. Remember people, full lock on a Subaru is not a happy situation when you add full throttle...

just thought I'd share my stupidity with all of you :)

sounds like you need to find some good axles...ive done that a hand full of times with my wagon...:brow: no problems thus far..