Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Passenger side view mirror question - 94 legacy

So my wife decided to hit something with the passenger side view mirror on our 1994 Legacy wagon. Scratched the black housing, but broke the mirror. Can I just replace the mirror portion somehow, or does the whole unit need to be replaced?

Also, does anyone have a parts car that can help me out?

I'm posting this in the New Gen and Marketplace because it seems appropriate.

Thanks.

Keith

spideyz,

Tunered had the best answer. Make a template of the mirror's shape (the actual glass) out of paper and a glass shop can cut you a new one for a few bucks. You then use clear silicone to glue the new morror over the old one, tape it in place overnight, and then remove the tape. Problem solved. I've used this method on several customer's cars with complete success, and few bucks.

We replace about A LOT of these every week. If the mirror backing plate is ok, (black plate that the mirror mounts into), I can hook you up with a replacement Redi-Cut mirror for $12.00 shipped to you. These mirrors are cut by Burco and are vehicle/mirror specific. If the backing plate is damaged or missing, go with the used housing.

http://www.burcoinc.com/Replacement_Mirrors/Sideview/index.htm

The price includes shipping. You will not get a better price on them.

Recently hooked up Dusty (USMB "Handtool") with 2 mirrors and 2 heating pads for his project of changing over his standard mirrors to heated mirrors. Shoot him a PM to check out the quality of these mirrors.

If interested, let me know. Would take less than a day to get from the warehouse and get shipped.