Ultimate Subaru Message Board

1978 Subaru Restoration

Nice to hear you are restoring an old brat.As for your decals you will need to talk to McBrat (the brat guru) he has very nice selection of them.Are you keeping everything stock as far as suspension and engine go?There are a few people on here that have ea71 engine parts.I am sure you will find what you need here.Also welcome to the board.

FYI..My company, The Westside Group LLC, has been commisioned to restore this 1978 Brat that belonged to President Reagan. I viewed posts from an earlier member that mentioned that he had the vehicle and was restoring it. I am not sure what the outcome was with his project but we ended up with it.

Anyway...this forum is an excellent resource for us.

We work in the Automotive Advertising Industry doing the Vehicle Support for Film and TV. One of our clients is Subaru and we were fortunate to get this project. We are excited to take part in a historical restoration. From my understanding, this Brat was his favorite ride. I am looking for pictures of Ron and the Brat...I would appreciate the reference photos. I will post what the car looks like tomorrow or Friday.

Happy Thanksgiving

Kevin Samera

213-216-4117

welcome aboard fellow brat restorer (i have a 78 in progress).the decals will be expensive if you want anything close to original.

what kind of motor and suspension parts do you need?i may be able to help you out.

lets see PICS of your brat[/quote]

Hello! I just finished restoring a 78 Brat, and I have lots of suspension parts left over from a parts car. I have an add posted on craigslist seattle. I am also looking for a couple of accessories,High rol bar, (I would love to find the hard cover tonneau lid with louvers).Let me know if I may be of assistance.

FYI..My company, The Westside Group LLC, has been commisioned to restore this 1978 Brat that belonged to President Reagan. I viewed posts from an earlier member that mentioned that he had the vehicle and was restoring it. I am not sure what the outcome was with his project but we ended up with it.

Anyway...this forum is an excellent resource for us.

We work in the Automotive Advertising Industry doing the Vehicle Support for Film and TV. One of our clients is Subaru and we were fortunate to get this project. We are excited to take part in a historical restoration. From my understanding, this Brat was his favorite ride. I am looking for pictures of Ron and the Brat...I would appreciate the reference photos. I will post what the car looks like tomorrow or Friday.

Happy Thanksgiving

Kevin Samera

213-216-4117

welcome aboard fellow brat restorer (i have a 78 in progress).the decals will be expensive if you want anything close to original.

what kind of motor and suspension parts do you need?i may be able to help you out.

lets see PICS of your brat[/quote]

• 2 weeks later...

I need the body and trim pieces as well as a good source for engine and drivetrain...any help would be great....

Thanks

Kevin Samera and the Spirit of The Gipper

Good Day

I am restoring a 1978 Subaru Brat. I am looking for the decals, engine parts, and suspension parts for this vehicle. I am sure that you guys can source us the needed parts and accesories. Anyone that can duplicate the decals on the side of the bed?

Thanks

Westsider - 213-216-4117

let me get this straight... you need ALL the body panels, ALL the trim pieces, the ENTIRE engine, and the COMPLETE drivetrain?

what exactly is it you're starting from again, 4 wheels? :banghead:

dont want to be mean, just maybe if you could specify exactly what you need these kind folks could help you out