Ultimate Subaru Message Board

i've pulled more than 2000lbs with my impreza before... it wasn't happy.. but it did it....

my tow package says it's rated to 2000lbs... wouldn't the transmission be the thing having issues, not the motor?

yes the tranny heat is worse and if you read carefully it is that with trailer brakes. Not that it couldn't do it but legally if something would happen kiss your finacials away for life.

My 92 Legacy wagon is rated at 1500#. It will pull more than that, but that is what it is rated for. . . Heh, only 500# less than my V6 minivan. . . and I feel a lot more comfortable pulling with the Subie than I do with the van. Emily has a lot more heart than the van does. . .

My 92 Legacy AWD automatic wagon (the one that went to Montana!) would pull my 5X8 "Iron Dog" trailer with the 2X6 heavy pine flooring and my Kawasaki Bayou 220 ATV like it wasn't even attached. It would cruise at 70 no problem. Now with the Honda Fourtrax 300 4X4 you knew you were towing something! Keep the tongue weight light and use big wheels/tires on the trailer. Hope that helps.