Ultimate Subaru Message Board

the brat has bad gas and a runny nose

i don't think the 79's have cats... at least they don't call it that... they call it a pre-muffler or something... but i don't think its a cat... anyway, this might be a fun opertunity to squeeze a few hp outa your brat... maybe a 2" stainless exhaust?:brow:

and depending on where its leaking from, you might be able to fix your radiator... any good with a soldering torch?:drunk:

sorry but i don't have either... good luck though!

It's not a cat. It is called a resonator. You don't really have to have it. You just might as well take it to a exhaust shop and have a new exhaust sytem done. That is unless you want stock. Then one of the guys here on the board may be able to help you out or point you in the right direction to find a stock exhaust system.

Get a custom exhaust made from a muffler slop like they said. Shouldnt cost much, $200-250 or so. You can have it made with whatever muffler you want, any style you want, a resonator or not, basically anything goes since we don't have cats...

As for the radiator, order a new one or upgrade to an 80's radiator from a junkyard. (I lucked out and found one in PERFECT shape from a late 70's wagon at a junkyard)