Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Old Subaru's Are EVIL!

Its still to cold to even try to do anything on my car right now. It's been sitting out on the street all night, and I think it got to, like, 5 below or something ridiculous last night.

I've given up on caring what happens to this car. I don't really care anymore.

I think your car is nice and it wouldn't take too much to make it work good for ya.I would just put an intercooler on there.I think that would be where I start.I think that would make it work better for ya.Don't give up on your car it will come around again.I would be up for working on it with Rick when it warms up again.I just gave Rick an intercooler yesterday.Grab it when he's not looking.J/K!:)

I've given up on caring what happens to this car. I don't really care anymore.

I've driven my car about 80-90 miles since I filled it full of coolant. When I checked today, it didn't need any. I'll keep checking, but it must be a slow-ish leak. Its still been too cold to look over the hoses. I'll see if I can get one of my guys to do it tomorrow.

EVERYONE IS WRONG BUT ME!

Firstly, I have my timing light in my wagon, so if you want me to check, just say so... the noise she is hearing is NOT pinging. It comes and goes, it stays the same noise if its 85 degrees out or 5 degrees out... its just like something rattling around the engine, but I havent had time to take a look. Its been making this same noise for about 4 months now, if it was pinging or detonation, I'd think itd be done by now. As far as the coolant leak goes my guess is that its the little hose on top of the block thats a pain to get to... but again I havent looked, that ones just my nemisis:rolleyes: Its a rather slow leak, so its gonna be hard to find... it only takes about half the reserve a week or so.

If you want to look at it, be my guest. I'm not sure I plan on keeping it much longer, though.

NO, NO, NO!!!!! I'm begging you. Please don't get rid of it. Older subies seem to have a whole lot of character to them sometimes. They just need a little lovin'. Do you have any coolant leaking on top of the motor? I had problems with that stupid hose on my GL-10. It had a small pin hole in it and whenever I would be in boost, the coolant would spray out and steam would come out. If you have some of the long jawed needle nose pliers, it can be replaced with ease. If you need an intercooler, let me know what you have in mind and I'll keep my eyes out for good deals. I can get used intercoolers pretty cheap, just gotta know what you're needing.

Patrick

EVERYONE IS WRONG BUT ME!

Firstly, I have my timing light in my wagon, so if you want me to check, just say so... the noise she is hearing is NOT pinging. It comes and goes, it stays the same noise if its 85 degrees out or 5 degrees out... its just like something rattling around the engine, but I havent had time to take a look. Its been making this same noise for about 4 months now, if it was pinging or detonation, I'd think itd be done by now. As far as the coolant leak goes my guess is that its the little hose on top of the block thats a pain to get to... but again I havent looked, that ones just my nemisis:rolleyes: Its a rather slow leak, so its gonna be hard to find... it only takes about half the reserve a week or so.

check the heat sheilds on the turbo, I worked on an 86 GL-10 Turbowagon that had a funky rattle, it turned out one of the heat sheilds was cracked and rattling. Couple of minutes with my MIG welder fixed that :D