Ultimate Subaru Message Board

East Coast Meet - 9-13-03 in Beaver Springs, Pa - Sticky??

Guest Dennis

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

stupidru, im going to add you to the list going...

hey E...i tried calling you yesterday but ofcourse you work the graveyard shift. anyway, i guess the plan would be to leave from my crib by 6:30 for beaver springs...whatever time you think youd need to get on the road by to do that is your call, you know the NJ roads better then i do, remember i live like 5 minutes from the tacony palmyra? and when were ready to roll, i live like 10 minutes from the PaTP the other way

let me know if this is cool ok? cant wait

easiest would be my place i think, talked to the Xpert today and he said hes going to caravan with us out there...you meet him at his place, then both of you at my place?

if you dont remember how to get my place just drop me an email and ill give you directions from the tacony - really easy

Dennis,

I'm going to feel like an idiot caravaning up with you guys. I'll be way WAY in the back looking at all the cool scoobies. I don't think either of my subarus will be out of their shops by Sept 13th now. :madder:

And even still, if I get my Outback Sport wagon back, it's been in the shop(s) for a full year come 3 more days (August 28th, 2002 dropped off). :boohoo: I'll feel good driving that up but I won't be racing it. If the XT6 gets done by then, I'll probably faint from happines. My heart skips a beat just thinking about it. :banana:

I'll be following you guys up in a Toyota Matrix.

It would be the maiden long trip for the RX. About 6.5 hours from my door to the area code of the meet. that's using MapQuest.

Have all the particulars been ironed out? eating, drinking, and the like. (Crashing if drinking)

I've heard they have a road course up there somewhere? True?

That would be way more bitchin' than watching cars go in a straight line.

Ooo..ooo.. tracktime! or an autocross? a little rallying would be fun. I would have to sit on the sidelines or ride with (?)Dennis if we did an offroad thing, that would be fine too.

How about part swapping? I'm going to have a big empty hatch coming up. 88 turbo wagon for parts. Discs, seats, basically anything that I haven't stripped or claimed. Pushbars, etc.

Guess I could drive the GL hatch and go offroad. It's a little loud on the interstate though, or the Leg and get there quick.

Somebody give me the lowdown again if it's changed from the initial one.

Regards,

Jay

who: some crazy wierdos from the eastern half of the USA...and ill be there too

what: a subaru only day at beaver springs raceway

where: beaver springs, pa near lewistown, pa - its in the middle of the state

why: havent figured that out yet

when: doors open at 10 am, EJ and i plan to be there then.

food will be served all day and im interested in getting a dinner group together for a few beers and such, i can help you nail out some of the logistics if you need. info on lodging is availible thru the link i sent to you regarding the meet...

Note that this refers to placing myself in a comfortable prone position anywhere that isn't an imposition after much beverage consumption.

I agree whole heartedly. We need to play somewhere close to a hotel/ motel if we plan on imbibing.

Your yeah yeah comment makes me think you aren't up to 10am EJ? Is anyone going to stay in a hotel nearby? Maybe we should coordinate that so we can play in the same place, or at least close.

Regards,

Jay

My "yea yea" comment wasn't ment to mean too early, just my attempt at using my limited getto lingo. 10 am isnt too early for this kid, heck some of use will have been on the road for 4 or more hours by then, I just want to get there early so I can take in all the subies.........