Ultimate Subaru Message Board

East Coast Meet - 9-13-03 in Beaver Springs, Pa - Sticky??

Guest Dennis

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

big change in plans for me guys...

i just finalized this today, so im very sorry to the guys i left out of the loop here. im heading up to the event friday nite to help move the 22B and STI with a couple guys from work...were caravaning up in the afternoon tommorrow

im going to keep a vigilant eye out for whoever said they were showing on the east, i will see you there.

drive safe everyone

i have a headache

I'll be heading out 287 over the Tappan Zee and looping NYC to Rt.80 west west west...not sure if I'll be with Skip and Steve or what.

I'd like to get started from here around 6AM.I'd be in NJ in about an hour,in PA by 8:30 or so if anyone wants to hook up on Rt.80

Wish I could but my roo won't bring me. With the good weather we've been having here I've been working on cleaning up the rust holes in the floor. Ive cleaned them up but haven't gotten them repaired, don't think I want to get wet from all the rain we're suppost to get. Wish I could, but I'll be at the PB meet....

Hope everyone has a safe trip, take lots of pix's.....:burnout:

Originally posted by AKIRA

There were seven non - RS/WRX/STI's at beaver springs - My Brat, a turbowagon, RX, XT turbo, SVX, and 2 legacys.

the list of "definates" was like fifteen names, where was everybody?

so, it rained, they did rain-dragraces.

I was definite but didn't go because it was raining. I didn't think they would actually dragrace in the rain. Here are some pics!

http://home.eznet.net/~carolt/wrx_shootout.htm

You guys are nuts! I love it. I'm trying to get someone to post up some videos.

The Semi-Official Non Imprezza "Wet" List

GravelRX - RX (Up from Bent Mountain, VA)

Benebob - SVX

Dennis EX24 - XT 4T

Stupidru - EA81 Turbo Wagon

Akira - Brat

Cole98 - Last Minute appearance

Me - Legacy

Ruppster - Legacy GT

Unknown Legacy Turbo (Won both of his races that I saw)

The races were all unofficial. The guys from the raceway were fairly impressed seeing all these idiots drag racing in the rain. They invited us all back in a couple of months to race in the snow.

If I recall correctly Dennis would be the winner from our list.

Beating both Ben, who was spinning all his wheels off the line, and Jay, by half a front quarter panel.

I got to race a couple of WRX's, guess who one.

Originally posted by Myxalplyx

You guys are nuts! I love it. I'm trying to get someone to post up some videos.

I'm in pic #4! How big are the video files? I have a few hundred megs of spare space on my Dodge semi truck site and can put them there if you want.

Ruppster

Originally posted by Hocrest

The Semi-Official Non Imprezza "Wet" List

<snip>

Unknown Legacy GT

<snip>

I got to race a couple of WRX's, guess who one.

If the unknown GT was a white one with Harley stickers on the rear bumper that was me. :-)

I also went up against a WRX in my first run and even won! He was having severe traction problems off the line. :D

Ruppster

Well,yeah,I suck for not going but I'll make the next one.Skip and Steve had a setback and we got together late in the afternoon Saturday.THey're staying across from my workshop and leaving for home in the AM

We hung out,drank some Harpoons,ate,drank,then the boys went to bed early.

Next one of these events I've GOTTA see Skip run.I'd love to see Oobnuker's SPFI with all that low end run too.

way fun guys...good to meet you jay

just checked those pics out, theres one of me and it appears that im getting my doors blown off by that WRX. half way down the track i caught him, shifted to 3rd, and began hydro-planing and almost died a horrible death...

then i got back in line and ran again

Nuts! Really wish we coulda made it. Me and the Skipster had some problems in CT picking up the Panzer and were stopped dead in our tracks until early saturday afternoon. There's no way we could've made it to BS before 8PM. I'll tell more of the story when I have more energy.

Looks like a lot of fun, sorry we couldn't make it.

Originally posted by "EJ"

Those posted are good pics, did anyone else have a camera with them?

Yep, I had my digital camera. I also got a few mpeg videos of the racing. I will be uploading them to my web page in the next couple of days and will post the link here when I get it done.

Ruppster