Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Bummer DEATH to A Good Bud from The Subaru World....:(

To all of you That Attended WCSS III

My Good Friend and 4x4 Bud Jason M. Roe....

( had the Silver Wagon That Came with me to the Show )

Was Shot and Killed Accidentally Saturday Morning while Deer Hunting on his Property down In Cottage Grove, OR. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

He was to be a First time Dad in January,

He was a Major part of My 4x4 Club, and was Our Guru for Custom Exhaust....:(

We will be having a Celabration Of Life Get together for him this Coming Friday October 10th at 4 pm. in Cottage Grove.

All who knew him are welcome to come. If you need I have plenty of overnite space at my House for any of you Northern Guys Wishing to attend....

There is Also Going to be a Help Fund account set up tomorrow At the Bank of America In Cottage Grove,OR.....

( I'll post an address and Phone for them as I get them)

Any of you who knew him and are able to contribute to that fund will be greatly Appreciated, as It is going to be a rough time For Christy His Honey the Next few Months Being Pregnant and all......

There is Much to say about him, He was A Super Good Guy, all who Knew him know that......

I could Go on and, on, but Enough said for now.....

If any of you From here wish to come on Friday the 10th. it will be a Bring your Own Meat and Drinks BBQ, All are welcome,

If you happen to have any pics from trips or the Show, Please let me know or bring them with you......

Call me for Directions for the 10th.....

541-729-8490

Later for now, John in Eugene.....:cornfuzz:

John, i am so sorry. I met him at WCSS and I wanted to see him again on my last trip through. Now I am saddend even more :(

Make sure to let us know about that fund. I believe i have close to 150 pictures from the WCSS3, and even some hardcopy pictures that Dave gave to me. I will make sure you get the ones with Jason in them.

:cornfuzz:

-Brian

My thoughts are with you all, especially Christy. Make sure you let her know for me, John.

Jason was a really great guy, for those of you who never met him. I had the privilege of spending a couple days and nights sharing a cabin with him and Christy in LaPine this spring, as well as offroading with him and helping him unstuck the wagon. He will be missed.

Hey Honda, and Junkie.....

If either of you are capable of getting your Pics and or Video to me before wed it would be great....I am compiling a video of all Jason times...for the Friday Party.....

Andrew can you call me Tomorrow, Monday......I lost your Number.....I'll drive up and get yours if need be....????

Later, John in Eugene......:banghead:

I have had the pleasure of a couple of offroading trips with Jason and John in Oregon. Jason's sense of humor will be missed. He is the kind of guy, there's one in every club, I bet, that is just a little crazy, willing to push the envelope and most likely to tip his rig or get real stuck. And he wasn't pizzed off about it more likely he'd have some funny things to say. I made a DVD of the footage from our LaPine, OR trip and the funny stuff was all Jason. I said over and over that I wanted Jason to be in every video I make from then on--just because he had so much charisma. My thoughts are with Christy and the baby. Sory I'm too far away to make it over Friday, but I'll raise a toast to Jason.

Ross in Idaho

I don't think there could be a more likeable person than Jason. I went for a ride in his rig during WCSS III and we talk for a long while about many things including his passion for Off-roading his wagon. Later in the day he almost flipped us (but that is another story).

I was down there on Thursday, and even though, he had recently been in a bike accident, he was still very chipper.

Though he did not get many chances to get online, his work that he did with John, and the club in Eugene makes him truely a part of this community. I have had a chance to see a few items that he worked on at John's and his work with exhaust can be truely called custom. I know he helped John out when they were first designing lifts and exhaust work.

John, please send my condolences to Christy, I am going to try and make it down, but if I can't I will be there in spirit.

Sincerely,

Richie

Truly sad news. It is a shame that things like that happen during hunting seasons. Usually 3-4 hunters are killed here in Michigan every year. They always call it "an accidental shooting". I say "BULL". More often than not, the one who does the shooting, just shoots at a noise with no idea of what is making that noise. I have never gone out hunting, mainly just for that reason. Always wanted to try bow hunting. Got all the gear around to do so. Was going to go out after work. Heard on the radio that someone was "accidently" shot and killed while bow hunting. Again, I say "BULL". If you can't clearly see what you're shooting at, why the hell are you shooting. Sounds wreckless to me, so why do they call it accidental?

My thoughts and sympathy go out to his family and friends...........

I really don't know what to say, I'm in shock.

I still remember when I met him at the Labor Day Run last year. It was great fun, and very dusty!

Jason is a great guy, and I know will be missed.

I could probally vent out a lot of thoughts and memories, but I'm sure Andrew and I will be there friday.

So, I'll close by saying Jason, Godspeed, and don't have too much fun 4x4'n in the clouds.

Wow. That sucks. I liked Jason, he was a real friendly guy. I still laugh at him having to pull Tim out of the muck at Thurston ORV a few years back. Tim's wagon was so screwed, stuck up to the door well's and Vicki (?) just sat in the passenger seat laughing and observing all of us try to get him out. (Tim standing in 2 ft of clay mud...)Then along came Jason and his wagon to yank him out... ( I think he helped fix the water pump to before Tim and the family went back home....?)

Sorry you lost a good friend John, I know how much of silent partner he was, and I know you guys did a lot of work together.

I obviously will not be able to make it to Oregon, but have a good time getting together and enjoy other folks' friendship. After all you never know when it will end. My wife and I will keep his family in our Prayers.

Kurt

Although I only met him briefly at WCSSIII, I found him very likeable. I share everyones thoughts about him also. Its a tragedy to be taken away so sensesly, and just when he was starting a family. We will be thinking of him and his family, please get us the addy for the Bank, John.