Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Just got a 03 baja, and so far the only complaint is the wind noise coming from the drivers mirror area. kicks in around 40mph and never lets up. Anyone else have this problem, and a solution? Also have a 04 outback , and have no wind noise to speak of.

This has been a problem on all the frameless Subaru's I have ever owned. 1st confirm the problem, then replace the defective part.

Use a piece of tape (Duct tape works well) and put it on the outside of the drivers glass right by the upright rear side of the mirror mount. Where the window seals to that small triangular piece. Be sure the tape seals between the glass and mirror mount. Then take a test drive. Noise gone or lessened, Replace the window Gussett, as it's called. Subaru now stocks these. The rubber seal gets deformed and no longer seals well and makes noises at highway speeds as if you have a window cracked open just a little.

Had this problem on my 90 Legacy Wagon. After replacing the gusset for the 2nd time, I learned to close these doors by using the door itself, not pushing it closed by putting my hand on the glass.

Thanks. I just tried pressing the gusset together( as everyone seems to call it)

It helped a lot, cause now I hear the wind coming from the back seat. Since it is still under warrany would I be advised to go ahead and tell subaru to replace them? I'm not sure if it is the rubber itself that might be part of the problem? The warranty runs out in 3 weeks.

i have that problem, it originated when i removed my drivers side rearview mirror (because i broke it off w/ a kayak...). When put it back on it started to howl, and i haven't gotten around to fixing it yet. I'm guessing a little silicon caulking or something will seal up the holes...