Ultimate Subaru Message Board

XT6 at both pullaparts!!!!

Guest Ratty2Subaru

Guest Ratty2Subaru

I was at both pullaparts today, and there was an XT6 in the "cars for sale section" at everett, for 600, runs... and there was one in the holding for evaluation area (behind the building) at lynwood... not sure about waht they are going to do with it... both are AT, and the one at everett runs, but is a 2wd, and the one in lynwood, is also an AT, but did not get any other info... both grey in color (dark) and both in fairly nice shape....

go get 'em!!

Guest Flowmastered87GL

Hmmmm seats and 5 lug conversion parts... sweet :D

Its funny that they all appear at once. I am going to yank suspension parts off one here in portland tomorrow

Guest syphon

Me and tex were at the Lynnwood PAP on saturday and we saw it. From the distance, we couldn't tell if it was a XT or XT6.

Guest Ratty2Subaru

it was definately a XT6, it had 5 lug wheels... I got to look into the car, my friend and I were back behind the fence for a brief moment, dropping off a car (donating a plymouth to the yard :lol: ) ... looked pretty nice! it would be ashame to part it out!

• 10 months later...
I know this is a side issue, but has anyone done the 4 stud conversion ( or got one from japan?) http://www5.ocn.ne.jp/~smsgkit/index.html

At least wheels would be available - check out the picks :brow:

Are you talking about a 4 stud or a 5 stud conversion??

I did the 5 stud conversion by importing the xt6 stuff to Australia, this was ridiculously expensive and there is better ways of doing this. You can get a conversion done to Liberty brakes for similar dollar value, and get better brakes in the process. Have a chat to a automotive engineer that has brakes experience, and also take as many photos etc of what you can get and they will be able to sort something out for you.

Seems the 5 stud hubs are as rare as.... Everyone wants them (at the right price too) and any one who has them , wants to drive around on them!! :-\

The conversion is a 4 x 100 pcd as in photos at : http://www5.ocn.ne.jp/~smsgkit/index.html

Seems the hubs can be redrilled to 100pcd and machined to take standard wheels - so 15" 16" 17" Wheels can be fitted.

Doesn't alter the breaks, but seems on the same page, alternate brakes are available as well. (if I could read Japanese):rolleyes:

I would like to have options I don't currently have...

Chris

Ok, now I understand what you are talking about!

You can get any engineering workshop to make that modification for you. All that is involved is to mount the hub on a lathe and cut the wheel locating lugs off and make the centre a standard size (I do 54mm) then mark out 50mm from the centre and then move the hub to a rotary table on a mill. The mill is then centred on the marked 50mm radius line, now, when the rotary table is turned the mill will always be above the line. The hub is then centre drilled, and drilled out to 13.5mm and then reamed to 14mm, then the rotary table moved 90 deg and repeated. Then new studs are pressed in and the next hub finished. You shouldn't pay more than $3-400 to have this done. I know that Mark Haybittle Engineering in Sydney was charging $660, but that was some time ago.

• 7 months later...