Ultimate Subaru Message Board

turbo internal leak

Mine's leaking also. Smokes bad every now and then. Did a search for pcv system and didnt find anything. I changed my pcv valve to no avale.

Whatelse is there to the pcv system other then just the hoses and the one valve to check?

As for having someone work on the turbo, I think I would take it to a shop.

...Whatelse is there to the pcv system other then just the hoses and the one valve to check?

As for having someone work on the turbo, I think I would take it to a shop.

The hoses and connections in the PVC system can become clogged and narrowed by years of crud accumulation. If they are not cleaned/replaced, you can suck oil up into your intake manifold... especially under boost. The PCV valve has to be able to withstand boost. General recomendation is to get an OE PCV valve.

Yeah I checked hoses awhile back and they were ok. Mine smokes at low speeds. When you get it up to speed it stops. Had to stop driving it now because it has gotten so bad in town. You can't see behind it. Bought another turbo from a forum member and I'm pretty sure it's junk. Has some side to side play.

So did Joey Joe figure his out yet?

The turbo is shot Im now sure of it. It started smoking more but I still drove it because I kind of had to and nothing seemed wrong besides that when finally the turbo got much worse lost some power and it now makes a lot of noise from the turbo. Getting new one soon. Does a definately busted turbo cause the engine to run very under powered, it still idles great and the engine sounds like always.