Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Id get a jeep before an H2 or H3, however I do plan on one day owning an H1, and though I have to say I personally would probably not buy myself a subaru, except maybe an STI. I don't have anything against them.

I see the H2 and H3 as poser mobiles, for people who want something to boost there ego thats really not that capable and relativly cheap. The H1 I see as more of a "serious" vehicle that actually has both bark and bite. Also note I would not use it as a daily driver, I, unlike most, would actually take it off roading on the weekends and use it when we get 3+ feet of snow.

As far as Price wise I agree, we are looking at the 3.0R VDC limited with an MSRP around 36-37, for that reason we are concidering waiting to see if there is an MDX redesign for the end of 06(or 07 model year).

Also I would say you have a lot of play power with your parents as if they want the H3 for a family car they probably have no clue what they are talking about(like mine).

As far as off road ability I would take a wrangler of an H3 in a second(with its leafsprings underpowered engine).

Just my 2 cence.

• 4 months later...

All I have to say is "All hummer 3's come with a FIVE CYLINDER engine." Get the F out of here. I drove an H3 from Tucson to Phx and back and it is a gutless drifty wind pushin it around POS. Sure the Sat radio and Sat TV was nice... but with $$ u can do that to anything. I like the Tribeca better than the H3 and I think the Tribeca is a POS. (Drove one of those too. No nose clearance at all.) I was very impressed by the Tahoe. However, that 100mph limiter has got to go. A little tuning and tightening would do it wonders. It did pretty good offroad, a little heavy in the silty river beds though. I'd still take a new Outback over any of them though.