Ultimate Subaru Message Board

New England 4x4's

I am just giving a shout out to all the New England region Subaru riders out there! I was wondering how many you are, and where you are all at. If you are in this area or close to it, post back and lets here what your ride is and your favorite trail.

I have acess to state land power line trails, and pipeline. Also 46 acres of hill covered dense woods myself :rolleyes: nothing to big. It can be fun though. Endicott New york!

Peace, Fishums

I am just giving a shout out to all the New England region Subaru riders out there! I was wondering how many you are, and where you are all at. If you are in this area or close to it, post back and lets here what your ride is and your favorite trail.

I have acess to state land power line trails, and pipeline. Also 46 acres of hill covered dense woods myself :rolleyes: nothing to big. It can be fun though. Endicott New york!

Peace, Fishums

down near binghamton eh? used to live there meself... check out http://nnyoffroad.com/wiki it's a wiki some friends and I have been working on a little

i met Mr. Fishums today (he was looking at the hatch and the brats) him and has dad were super cool, and had some funny stories about his old hatches.i wish there was a "legal" off roading spot around here, but i`m not gonna risk loosing my liscence again going on illegal property.:banghead:

Chris, did you see that turbo loyale down the road from me, like 1/8 of a mile after exit 5, what a rust bucket and the guy wanted $1900:lol: gotta love the NY soobs

yeah me and my dad where talking about that one :cool: It was a pretty cool trip! Nice meeting you Subie, Nice subie's too!

If that wagen goes down real cheap, might be worth getting the motor and trans out of. Not really sure what that guy is on! Thinking he will get that kind money for it though! I mean you could practically unhitch your door from the inside, by reaching thru the rusted door holes and grabbing the latch on the outside. I'll wait for it at GARY'S YOU PULL IT:rolleyes:

Maybe it is something a wife wants a husband to get rid of, so he is purposely asked to much for it, so he could keep it! ;)

Oh and for off roading man! We have some pretty sweet loggin trails, and an old ford backhole to make new obsticals wherever we want to! We aren't really talking like crazy overnight road trips, but you know there is some good space with at least 8 or 10 miles of trails for 4x4 freedom in my back yard! Plus I know a few guys with jeeps that go all the time at some local places. When the white stuff starts shrinking I'll let you know and you can head on up and join in on the mudslinging!

We used to have this contest in a place called "the mud pond" where all vehicles from dirt bike, to quad, go-cart, toyota, and subie. used to go, we would fling mud on eachother till we got tired with it(normally dark). The guy with the most mud on his vehicle had to wash the others with the powerwasher :drunk: Sadly the mudpond isn't in our property line anymore, but hey we could make a new one right?

Peace, Fishums

Hey Fishums. I live about two hours north of Albany. I'm a hatch fanatic myself. I've got two. An 87 and an 88. Neither for sale, sorry :-p But anyway one I'm building into a bullet-proof offroader to be completed by this Spring. So I wish you luck finding yours and I'll probably be in for some offroading as soon as I get mine done.

Operose, that is a cool site :) definately going to have to get in on that one. Though first I wanna make a motorcycle rack that goes on the roof of a hatch to hold my enduro :grin: You know like a bike rack? just on steriods :lol: (joking!)

ST lawrence County eh? I have some relatives up that way! I'll be stopping in all right!

Fishums

Operose, that is a cool site :) definately going to have to get in on that one. Though first I wanna make a motorcycle rack that goes on the roof of a hatch to hold my enduro :grin: You know like a bike rack? just on steriods :lol: (joking!)

ST lawrence County eh? I have some relatives up that way! I'll be stopping in all right!

Fishums

cool! let me know when you'll be in the area

• 2 weeks later...

My gawd... I've lived in Herman-Dekalb (near Degrass), Oswegatchie (St. Lawrence County), Elmira (not that far from Endicott), and now I'm in Albany. Heck, I drive past Endicott every time I go to visit my parents (once every couple/few months). I'm even driving up to Star Lake later this July, for our (wife and I) belated honeymoon.

There's enough of us coming out of the woodwork. It's awful hard getting timing right... gotta make sure I've got the vacation time, the wife is ok with me taking off for a couple days, and I've got the extra cash. Add that into coordinating with every one else, and it makes getting together a right pain in the arse.

Some people with older Subies in the Capital District think they're worth gold, too. And the people that don't seem to toss them out to the junkyard before finding out if someone wants them.

I live in the bottom of NH. North of fitchburg mass if that helps anyone? Right now, I wouldn't venture more than a mile from my house with my car, can't trust the engine not to blow up with the bent connecting rod and all, but I will be out wheeling come springtime.

It's darn hard to drag us northeasterners out of the woodwork. I tried and got stood up by like 3-4 people at the last minute. However, I'm not sure my car would be welcome back in northern vermont because of that trip. Just because I didn't see the police chasing us doesn't mean they weren't :lol:

A western mass meet might be fun this spring.

My gawd... I've lived in Herman-Dekalb (near Degrass), Oswegatchie (St. Lawrence County), Elmira (not that far from Endicott), and now I'm in Albany. Heck, I drive past Endicott every time I go to visit my parents (once every couple/few months). I'm even driving up to Star Lake later this July, for our (wife and I) belated honeymoon.

There's enough of us coming out of the woodwork. It's awful hard getting timing right... gotta make sure I've got the vacation time, the wife is ok with me taking off for a couple days, and I've got the extra cash. Add that into coordinating with every one else, and it makes getting together a right pain in the arse.

Some people with older Subies in the Capital District think they're worth gold, too. And the people that don't seem to toss them out to the junkyard before finding out if someone wants them.

you've gotta be kidding... I've lived in Degrasse, Russell, practically Edwards, Binghamton, and now potsdam.. grandparents live in oswegatchie, uncle in star lake