Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Legacy Air Suspension...Troubleshooting

It is difficult to find information because no one fixes them. The cost of repairing it can not be justified. Simply call a local wrecking yard and convert it to standard/spring suspension. If you don't you will slowly be replacing every part in the air suspension. Those shocks get expensive, it really was a bad idea. After you install the new suspension you will have to have an alignment done on the vehicle. Hope this helps.

It may be a simple problem, but believe me it is not so simple to determine this. Most likely it is a leaking air bag on that strut. I had the damnable air suspension myself, and dealt with intermittent deflation of my front left strut. Keeping it in the high position seemed to help, but in the end contributed to significant CV joint decline (I believe). So I bought 4 used strut assemblies from a 1990, replaced the two rear with new struts, kept the front used ones (in decent shape), and had someone install them. tried doing it myself but the bolts were seized terribly. Also replaced both front half shafts. $1000 (cdn) later, I am a happy camper. Mostly. I need an alignment. ;)

i just bought the car, two of the struts have been replaced as well as the compressor, i like the suspension and one strut is cheaper than converting all four. when it works, it works well...makes me think it is a simple problem