Ultimate Subaru Message Board

has anyone patched a fuel filler pipe? my 95 legacy at has a little leak. i was thinking of cleaning it up and trying some jb weld or epoxy on it. what do you think would work best short of buying a new pipe. thanks

My 94 has a jeezely leak in the filler neck area... I was thinking about trying something similar but I'm also starting to price around for replacements. since I should be able to R&R it myself I might splurge on a replacement :)

I just found one for my 94 at 1stsubaruparts.com for $111usd plus shipping.

That'll be touching $200 once it gets to me in Canada. Maybe I'll try a home-brewed repair and use the savings to buy fire insurance :drunk::grin:

The problem is that where there is one rust through, others are sure to follow. In sanding and cleaning the metal around the hole, others will arise. I used an epoxy from Autozone and brake cleaner spray after sanding the area. I tried the epoxy becuse the screws holding the neck on seem immovable. I wasn't very successful as other areas were paper thin and seeped as well. Best to replace if you're keeping the car.