Ultimate Subaru Message Board

New engine istall. Any suggestions?

I just finished pulling the engine on my 87 wagon, and will be installing a CCR rebuilt one. I have a new clutch kit, new hoses, new belts.

Anyone have any suggestions for something I may be missing. I just want to make sure I have everything tip top when I am done here.

Will be a few more days before the new engine goes in.Thanks

Dave

I believe CCR has an installation kit for their rebuilds...gaskets and such. Ask them, they'll tell you what you need. Did you get the clutch alignment tool I sent?

I just finished pulling the engine on my 87 wagon, and will be installing a CCR rebuilt one. I have a new clutch kit, new hoses, new belts.

Anyone have any suggestions for something I may be missing. I just want to make sure I have everything tip top when I am done here.

Will be a few more days before the new engine goes in.Thanks

Dave

Thanks Ed, I did get the tool and just took it out of the box. I tested it and it is the right one. I am gonna flush the heater core along with new t stat and gasket. The engine and Tranny mounts seem to be in really good shape.

The CCR engine comes with a good gasket set.

I will get your money in the mail on Friday Ed. Thanks again.