Ultimate Subaru Message Board
Sign in to follow this  
Meeky Moose

might have found a soob graveyard...

while at the gasstation a guy came over and talked about the brat some.. then he said he has a junkyard not far from me and has 10 of them sitting in it..:slobber: along with another 30 or so soobs from 78 to 91..

of course i promptly got his number and location.. i asked if he had any rollbars, brushgaurds, etc.. he said yeah theres 3 or 4 out there..:slobber:

said one of the rollbars has shoulder belts for the jumpseats..

either way i am going to make a point of goin out there and see what he's got..

he also said they have an 82 brat with only 50k on it.. sits in the shop, mint condition.. unfortunately it was his sons before he died, so its not for sale..

at any rate, he was a real soob enthusiast from what i gathered in our 20 min conversation..

if he's got what he says he does, there should be parts for all :grin:

I need the chrome trim piece that goes around the front bumper on an 85 if you find a set. I could also use a blue radio surround (85 also) if you find one thats not cut up. Thanks!

PLEASE GET THE INFO - I have stuff that I need for my soob, and parts aren't as common in NC as I would like .....

Thanks

Good god man! Spit it out. Where is it?

Sonny's down in Culpeper has been bought out by Phoenix, and they have CRUSHED ALL of their older soobs. And the yards down here have a very high turnover rate, sometimes as little as 2 weeks go by before they hit the crusher. It's happening all over with scrap metal bringing higher prices. I was just lucky enough to raid Sonny's old distributor pile before they got trashed too.

well, i couldn't find the place, so i called the guy, turns out its his private junkyard.. so i gotta give him a ring before hand and he'll go up with me to put the rots away and open the gate, lol..

now to just find a day off, hmmm..