Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Nose Job.. My No Buck progress

hers what i got so far.. i need to do a little welding or recruit someone near buy to assist:D but its coming along with zero out of pocket.

frontclose.jpg

i cut out all but the frame of the grill and inserted some cool Aluminum mesh.. and notice the notched bumper for additional cooling(welding needed)

GL10frontside.jpg

I believe thats about 6" off the front.. turn signal guards may be useless but the fit the theme.. who knows.. may stop a rock..

frontGL10.jpg

i have a slightly bent up lower valance, thats coming off tomorrow to get a lil straightning.. If someone has a rx front air dam they want to let go of shoot me a pm.

more to come..

rllywgn

88 GL-10 turbo sedan

ft4wd~5spd~lsd

Looks ***************en, I am planning on doing something similar with my RX. I don't like the way the bumpers stick way out like they do.

I can help you with the welding. Maybe weld in a piece of angle iron where you cut the sheetmetal to stiffen it up a bit and keep the cooling effect?

I'm in Cornelius, OR, near Hillsboro.

That's what I was planning on doing to my 89 this summer! Cool man. I plan on doing away with the blinkers in the bumper, and trying to re-wire the side marker light(next to the headlights) to be the blinkers with an amber bulb.

I agree that the bumpers make the car look goofy.

UPDATE!

so today i yanked the passenger side fender and removed the intake silencer box thing. I then proceeded to hack the bottom of the airbox out. sounds throaty almost ricey but more throaty so i think its ok.

so now where to in the no buck build up? i guess i could spend maybe ten bucks.. any one have any suggestions on where to go next?

• 2 months later...

so i made some more progress on the front end finally.. having a welder really helps. oh and i may have spent a few bucks on some really bright lights.. somethings you just cant get for free

this is what i started with..

frontGL10.jpg

then i started boxing it all in..

PICT2687.jpg

i still need ro make sides for the bumper.. just trying to figure out a good way to do it..

PICT2695.jpg

PICT2689.jpg

so yeah mo betta.. starting to look more and more like the rally machine i want it to be.. im dreaming of a wrx front clip... mmm...:headbang:

rllywgn

I plan on doing away with the blinkers in the bumper, and trying to re-wire the side marker light(next to the headlights) to be the blinkers with an amber bulb.

Do believe that Subaru Master Guru, Skip,, has one of his rides re-wired so that the side markers are the turn signals now. May want to do a search for that.