Ultimate Subaru Message Board
Sign in to follow this  
MaroonDuneDoom

No oil pressure !!HELP!!

help, my guage indicates no oil pressure and it previously did. i checked the first most obvious thing, the oil level, and it was fine. could it be the pump or something else. any ideas of what i could do? (ie. what to test, how to test etc.) all help is greatly appreciated.

well if it didn't make an odd noise then it's probably just your sending unit. unless you have a manuel gauge then I don't now

the oil pressure sending unit is beside the oil filter

check the wire to it, mine recently got caught in the pulley beside it and pulled loose.

ALSO these sending units are notorious for going toast, gauges on rare occasion go bad, check the wire to the sending unit.

Ground it and see what the gauge does - should peg to the highest reading.

You will be told to put a mechanical gauge on to be sure.

HTH

If I am not mistaken, there is a port, plugged in the other end of the pump. You can try another sending unit or a mech. unit from there. If it isnt making a lot of noise, it is probably ok, but very unerving. They wiill hold together on remarkably little oil pressure.

If you want to make super sure you have pressure. take the sending unit out, put your thumb over the hole, and have someone crank the engine. If the pressure pushes your thumb away, you've probably got enough pressure.