Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Lifted XT?

NOT MUCH SUBARU LEFT IN IT.....?????????

XT-6 Motor, 5 speed Hi-Lo tranny to Nissan T-case, and toyota solid axles...

It is still running strong here local in Eugene......It is still very Subaru at Heart...

John..........

Easy john....I know it's got alot of subaru in it, I just meant that it's not even like your hatch is (or at least was) with only a tcase and custom framework/lift added, where the suspension, steering and almost all the drivetrain is subaru. this ones got some non-subaru goodies

that xt6 is cool. whos green lifted gen1 wagon is that?

it was skankinpickle's (hence the name...), but I think he sold it to a non-board member

I think as far as tire sizeand lift install goes, it's virtually the same as any EA82, 28" or 29" tires fit well

Read the Offroad FAQ, it varies per each car, depending on how old the springs are, and how much extra junk you carry. you should be able to get by with 26" tires with out any problems at all, I've got the 27/28 inch SSR super swampers on my 3" lifted DL wagon, i've only had to do some minor clearancing. So yeah, virtually.

The Green Gen One Pictured in the photo above with the Monster XT-6 Is local here in Eugene also....Not SkankinPickle....?...

We did However call it the Pickle...It has however gone to Subaru Haven Finally,

And the Lift, Motor , and Trans are now In a 1980 Wagon affectionately named

Pickle II .....

John

The Green Gen One Pictured in the photo above with the Monster XT-6 Is local here in Eugene also....Not SkankinPickle....?...

We did However call it the Pickle...It has however gone to Subaru Haven Finally,

And the Lift, Motor , and Trans are now In a 1980 Wagon affectionately named

Pickle II .....

John

hmm....thought it was skankinpickle, maybe I just thought so because of the car's name....

the XT and XT6 are two very different animals for lifting. the XT being an EA82 platform can utilize the EA82 lift kit. the XT6 can not. the front struts, suspension, hubs and other things are different. if you want to put together you're own custom kit you're golden, but if you're looking for something to bolt up the XT kit will not work for the XT6.

i talked to AAA about supplying XT rear lift items and EJ series (impreza) stuff for the front in the hopes that would work since impreza struts can fit on the XT6....but that wouldn't work either for some reason. i forget why, but you could find the AAA thread (it's a long one) about the christmas group buy and see commentary there.

good luck and post pictures, i for one would hope it's an XT6!!