Ultimate Subaru Message Board

1979 FE Coupe in Grave Danger

While searching for axle donors for the wagon I came across a blue 1979 FE Coupe. It's the only one I've ever seen, and figured somebody needed to know about it soon because the junkyard it's sitting in has a full on chubby for crushing older cars. If I'm having trouble finding 80's cars I'm sure you Historic Guys are really strapped.

LOCATION: Richmond, Virginia "Chesterfield Auto Parts" on Midlothian Turnpike. The car is in the Import section on the far leftside of the yard a little over half-way towards the back and is the outermost car on it's row.

Just thought it was my Duty to the Subaru community to let SOMEBODY know about this car before they murder it.

Thanks!!

Did you look it over at all?

Chesterfield Auto Parts Co

5111 Old Midlothian Tpke

Richmond, VA 23224

(804) 233-5484

I'll be calling on Monday.

Jon,you weren't looking for an FE....:)

From what I could tell it was mostly intact, didn't have time to really give it a good look, I was under a time crunch to get the wagon roadable for work on Monday. Definitely let them know to hold that car. I know of 3 brats in various stages of disassembly that they crushed before I could get to them last year. Good Hunting!!

well the way the under chassis is made is totally different 2wd vs. 4wd. I compared a '78 2wd wagon to my '79 4wd wagon and it was waaaay different. Also the way the rear suspension is mounted is different as well. General Disorder and I compared the two.

I had two '75 wagons side by side,one 2wd and one 4wd and Russ is correct.They're different animals after the firewall...and even the radiator support as well.

But, when it's lifted I don't think it'll matter....but please don't lift it if it's got potential for restoration.:cool:

for the brave restorer of the FE i still have a nice running FE engine, complete original exhaust, radiator, fuel tank basically the complete ICE system that i removed from my very nice 79 FE that i am converting into a full electric vehicle. this stuff is for sale for some small pitance- i haven't had any offers yet. thanks. at

i`m still interested if you`ll sell it reasonably, actually, i am buying a brat up in Lisbon Falls Maine, and might be able to swing by and pick your stuff up on the way if i find a truck to use. whats the best you would take for the lot? pm if you want.thanks

jon

Sorry,computer been down........

I'd really really like an FE engine.I was thinking about the one in Maine,sorry,couldn't get back to you this week.Just sent a message,we'll talk.

Sent a message to Russ too...I'll call you two guys tomorrow,thanks.

As for this FE,it's not going to be sold off the yard lot.They just won't do it since they've already turned over the VIN tag to the DMV.

I would like the engine and tranny....anyone willing MUST get this tomorrow or Sunday...or before the 9th of February...or it'll be crushed.

I'd also pay for a few other parts as well.Please contact me if you can make there and we'll talk.Thanks!