Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EJ22 into a VW Bug....problems with the ECU

chn_tech

It should "fit", but you will run into one issue. 95 and later Subaru computers will go into a "limp home" mode if the vehicle speed sensor is not connected. Since you're most likely using the VW tranny, this will require some sort of adaptation. This is one of the main reasons that the 90-94 engines are the most popular for the conversion.

does the wire harnes come with the engine harness? if not then you need to get one of that year and model car it was pulled from. engine(intake) harnessess arent that hard to pull, just unbolt intake manifold and cut zipties. make sure you pull the right one.

~Josh~

• 2 weeks later...
Hi...

I have problems with the wiring harness and i want to buy a 96' complete wiring harness with the 96' ECU.....

and i want to know if it would fits to my EJ22 94' Engine....

i will apriciate your help

The intake and wiring will bolt on and work with your 94 LongBlock. Be aware that if your intake has EGR and your block doesnt or vice versa you will need to either drill and tap the head or cap off the egr and live with a check engine light/trouble code mode situation.

As for a speed sensor as referenced above one is available for the Vanagon conversions thru smallcar.com that bolts onto your VW axleshaft and I think the bolt pattern would be the same.

http://www.smallcar.com/_SiteWizard_MerchantWizard_Product.asp?ProductID=638