Ultimate Subaru Message Board

89 gl 3dr cp front end woes

Hey everybody, A while back front drivers side had and impact and bent the control arm and leading rod. trip to the boneyard and replaced both, straightened the sway bar brackets, had an alignment done and still having problems. Can't keep tires on it. they wear out in about 500 miles. car feels like you're driving on ice going straight (alomost trecherous when the roads are wet or muddy and don't even think of driving in the snow) but turns fine either direction slight pull to the right. tires wear severely on the outside edges. I've done a search and it seems I probably have a caster/camber problem more than a toe-in/out problem. any thoughts or insight would be greatly appriciated. thank, dennis

Hey everybody, A while back front drivers side had and impact and bent the control arm and leading rod. trip to the boneyard and replaced both, straightened the sway bar brackets, had an alignment done and still having problems. Can't keep tires on it. they wear out in about 500 miles. car feels like you're driving on ice going straight (alomost trecherous when the roads are wet or muddy and don't even think of driving in the snow) but turns fine either direction slight pull to the right. tires wear severely on the outside edges. I've done a search and it seems I probably have a caster/camber problem more than a toe-in/out problem. any thoughts or insight would be greatly appriciated. thank, dennis

sound s like the bars u straightend out r givin u trouble try that an try checkin ur cv'es and ur axels for a slight bend