Ultimate Subaru Message Board

warning:don't be stupid!!!

quebechatch

Wow, yea thank god you all were okay. Been in two Roll-overs in my life (none when I was driving) and they were both the scariest things I've been through...after seeing those pics though, my lifted Roo is getting a cage/good seats & belts before I do anything else major.

Man I hated seeing those photos...scary. Especially considering that I have had a few close brushes with endo-ing in my Hatch. Just a couple weeks ago I didn't make it over the top of a super steep hill climb and when backing down it the rear wheels dropped into a hole and stopped the car suddenly. I nearly soiled myself when the front wheels lifted off the ground momentarily and I thought the car was going over backwards. Guess the roll cage needs to be put back on the to-do list.

A few years ago I was toying with the idea of using a pre-fabbed six point cage made for VW bugs. I test fit it and found that it was a perfect fit for Hatchbacks. The wall thickness is thinner than SCCA requires but with added gussets etc, one of these cheapo cages would should hold up for rollovers.

Wow, yea thank god you all were okay. Been in two Roll-overs in my life (none when I was driving) and they were both the scariest things I've been through...after seeing those pics though, my lifted Roo is getting a cage/good seats & belts before I do anything else major.

Yeah I had a roll-over going backwards at 35mph crushed my hand send blood squrting out the ends of my fingers,,,,, not fun

Dr, I like your new avatar