Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Nevada/Cali Guys ---> Moonrocks Round 2

Hey I was gonna head out to the moonrocks on February 25th. It could be an all day thing, there's gonna be a competition out there. I'm gonna try to have the brat ready by then, so we'll see, but lets get out there and watch nonetheless. What do ya guys think?

EDIT: Here's the link to pics of the area:

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=47241&highlight=moonrocks

HELL YA! That's a great idea JB! Especially if we have weather like we've had the last few days. Frickin' awesome! Hey, I have to give the admins credit.... they fixed my upload problem.....check this out: http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/photos/showgallery.php?cat=807 I finally got my sons hatch running great and have almost 4000 miles on it since I started driving it back and forth to Reno.....and not one fuel problem! In fact I've busted 30mpg a couple of times, but have been running about 25-26mpg steady. At any rate, I'm definately up for another trip to the "rocks"!!

• 2 weeks later...

Bump. You guys still want to run out there this weekend to watch the show? I won't have the Brat, but it'd still be cool to go out and watch. THIS SATURDAY THE 25TH. The show is supposed to start at noon, but I wanna be out there early. Lets get it goin.

A local shop, Schaffers Offroad, is having a comp between a few members of local 4x4 message boards. I was scheduled to be part of it with the Brat, but it won't be ready. It's semi-big, there'll be quite a few people out there. I was the only soob enrolled.:slobber::headbang::D It should be a fun time.

The closest I can say it is is in the back part of red Rock, or out near Palomino Valley. If you wanna show up from town here are directions:

Take the Pyramid Highway North for like 10-15 miles. Turn LEFT on Winnemucca Ranch Road. Keep following and it'll turn to dirt. KEEP GOING. After a couple of miles on Winnemucca Ranch Road, you'll see a road off to the left after a hay field. TAKE IT. You'll see a sign for the Hungry Valley Offroad Park or something like it. Roll down window and listen for Crap talkin.:D Just playin, you'll see the moonrocks up ahead after that.

WOW. I just got back from out there. Over 300 people showed up.:eek: I got exactly 0 pictures of the brat, I was busy filming all the "hardore" guys. They crawled some GNARLY stuff, some things that didn't even seem possible. We saw some flops as well, all in all it was great. I may get pics up if you guys will let me.:D

Here's a pic of the parking lot. This is maybe half of them, there's a lot more to the right of the pic.

moonrocks2006064.jpg

Here's a pic of the first rig up. You can make me out up on top of the highest rock there in the white long sleeve shirt and the dark pants.

apeone.jpg