Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hankook Radial H714 tires any good?

Just looking for some input on these tires if there any good. They will be going on a 92 Loyale 4X4 wagon. At a price of 39.99 each.
I have a set on my '93 Loyale. They wear very quickly. I have less than 30,000 km on them, and there is only 3-4 mm of tread left. They wear more like bias plies than radials. I am not happy with them. When they die, in the next 10,000 km or so, I will replace either with cheapies from Canadian Tire, or go for the gusto and get Toyo 800 Ultras, which is what I wanted when I got these. Moral of that story is, never be in a hurry to buy tires. Rob Terrace, B.C.

I had those Kumhos on my old '66 Beetle, I thought they worked just fine. Very quiet, good treadwear, lots of grip for what they actually are, which is a passenger-car radial. So, similar vehicle weight/horsepower, I see no reason they wouldn't do just fine on a 'Roo.

Hey Rob

Thanks for the heads up on these tires. Sounds like I need to keep looking. I may just order a set of Kumho Touring A/S 795 $34.00 each, They seem to be getting some really good reviews on tireracks site. anyone w/ info on the kumhos, that would be great.

Cookie1

ive got about 500 miles on mine, on my 92 Loyale. they handle well and do pretty good in rain slush and snow. ive been pleased with them and they're a decent price as well.