Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Im thinking of buying a 1997 Outback. The vehicle has 239, 000 km's on it. Im wondering if this is way too much for a Subaru engine. Is there anything I should look out for in this vehicle?

Im thinking of buying a 1997 Outback. The vehicle has 239, 000 km's on it. Im wondering if this is way too much for a Subaru engine. Is there anything I should look out for in this vehicle?

150,000 miles. Not bad at all. Does it have the 2.5 liter engine (I don't know that the non-US market got in different years). If so, you should ask if the head gaskets have been changed, as the '97 EJ2.5 had issues with the head gaskets. Also see when the timing belt was last changed, since this is an interference engine.

How much are they asking for it?

Asking price is a definate need for us. Also engine and tranny specifics, and is it a leagcy or impreza, also any other details that should be considered when buying a car.