Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Loyale Front Little Lifting!

Hi Guys & Girls, It is me Again! :)

I got Two Loyales, this question is About the EA82, now "Weberized" :)

The country where I live has very BAD roads; so long time Ago, I had the Idea of Lift "Just a Little Bit" my Subie.

I have already changed the Rear Shock Absorbers and the Rear Coil Springs using parts from other brand cars, (as you can Read & See Photos ~► Here) Also, I changed the Front coil Springs, but my Suspension Mods lead my Subie to Sit two inches (2") Taller in the Rear ... So my Subie looks "Weird" ... Despite that I don't use my Subie to off road very often, but since I drive it most of the Time in unpavemented roads and mud is Everywhere; a Little Lift in the front could help to Level both ends... my Front bumper is Too Low ...

I have Search over the Internet, and Saw the "Scorpion Lift Kits" (
http://www.scorpionsubaru.com) I don't need the whole kit, just something to put between the front shock absorbers (Struts) and the Chassis, to just lift the Front the same 2" (two Inches) I gained in the Rear. Maybe I need Just This Things?:

(Lift Blocks)

LiftThingsforSubarusFrontSuspension.jpg

But they told me by e-Mail, that they Don't Sell kit Parts, Just the Whole Kit...  :mad: ...So I searched more and more... and I did Reached This Site: http://www.sjrlift.com Where a I contacted by e-Mail a Kind Guy called Scott, and he told me that if I put this Front Lifting "Things" on my EA82 Subie:

SubaruEA82FrontLiftingThings.jpg

I will need to extend the steering shaft at a local shop.

Really I don't Want to do major Job in my Subie, just a Li'l Lift, So I ask him if they got somethin' about just 2" and He told me that he could make a especial Pair of 2" front strut Liftin' "Things".

I think it is Good Idea and I want to Purchase those "Things" ... so the Questions of this post is:

► Is it Safe to put 2" liftin' "Things" on my EA82 Subie's front Struts?

► Will the Subie Work Properly?  :confused:

► Will the Subie be more Dangerous to Drive?  :unsure:

► How did you to fix this situation if you ever have been in something like that?  :confused:

Please, Tell me more about it, and if is Good Idea, or if there are better Ideas...

Thank you in Advance.

Kind Regards.  :)

► Updated to add the Tags for the New USMB Search System and Update the Web Links.

Edited by Loyale 2.7 Turbo

The country where I live has Too BAD roads; so I, long time Ago; had the Idea of Lift "Just a Little Bit" my Subie.

My 86 4WD wagon had front struts with hight adjustment nuts built in, factory original equipment. I also picked a pair off a car at a scrap yard a while back. Theis summer, they go into my 2 Loyales. They don't go all they way to 2", but it is an option.

Dave

if you are just going to use the strut blocks, you are going to have major alignment issues. Not to mention you are going to wear axles at 10x faster.

You might as well go with a 3 or 4 inch full lift. Drop the x-members down so your front alignment stays the same as stock (or very close to)

I have a 4 inch lift on my wagon, and now I wont drive any unlifted ones. If that tells you about safety.

• 8 months later...

I did Reached This Site: http://www.sjrlift.com/

Where a I contacted by e-mail a Guy called Scott, and he told me that if I put this Front Lifting "Things" on my EA82 Subie:

SubaruEA82FrontLiftingThings.jpg

Then I will need to extend the steering shaft at a local shop.

Really I don´t Want to do major Job in my Subie, just a Li´l Lift. So I ask him if they got somethin´ about just 2"

He told me that he could make a Special Pair of 2" front strut Liftin´ "Things". I think it is Good Idea and I want to Purchase those "Things" so the Question of this post is:

- Is Safe to put 2" liftin´ "Things" on my EA82 Subie´s front Struts?

- Will it Work Properly? :confused:

- Will the Subie be more dangerous to Drive? :slobber:

- How did you to fix this situation if you ever have been in something like that? :confused:

I have been running my white car EA82 all year since January with a 3-1/2" lift at the strut and 2" lift at the engine which gives the axles and the lower control arm a increased angle by 1-1/2" ,it has the same axles in it that where in the car when I got it stock , I have had no issues with axle or tire wear and I have had this car extremly hard offroad without a axle failure :eek: . SJR

The angle of the transaxles by oem keep me from lifting at all, without the full kit. Dropping a 2wd's front end almost 4 inches still leaves the axles less then straight across - better of course, but still not straight enough from wheels to tranny. the rears seem easier, the angle I am referring to is a little bit better. I would mess around with longer cap bolts and washers for half-inch or less, but due to axles integrity, I don't think I would risk anymore. Biggest tires that will fit and oem is the cheapest safest way to not challenge anything.

:confused: :confused:

I've got 4" of "extra" stress on my EA81 rear axles. Since I swapped to EA82 DOJ cups I've haven't broken a single one - and that's with a welded diff. Been running them for about 2 years now.

GD

yep, and until you find a way to run dual DOJs on the front....that's completely irrelevant :-p

Right Now, I am at Tegucigalpa City (one of our Twin cities that Make our Capital, -Along with Comayagüela City-, just one River and a lot of Bridges Between...) I came here Yesterday night, after a "Flatten rump roast" 10 Hours of Bus ride...

Well... I'm gonna Start Right now Searchin' for Alternatives to Paypal... 
:burnout:

Right Now, I am at Tegucigalpa City (one of our Twin cities that Make our Capital, -Along with Comayagüela City-, just one River and a lot of Bridges Between...) I came here Yesterday night, after a "Flatten rump roast" 10 Hours of Bus ride...

Well... I`m gonna Start Right now Searchin` for Alternatives to Paypal... :burnout:

just send gold bullion :grin: :grin: :eek::banana: :banana: zzz zzz zzz :cool:

• 2 weeks later...

Well...

After two weeks at the extremly mountany Capital City, searchin' for a suitable way to send the payment, and a whole Lot of other errands to do There, I Caught Cold ... (those days was only 16º Degres Celcius by Day / 5º by Night) ... but finally I'm Back at Home. :)

It was a Good Travel, but unfortunately, I didn't found a suitable way to do a Payment from Honduras usin' Paypal... Why that site doesn't support Honduras? ...  :confused: ... I searched for Alternatives.

Now I Have some New Ideas about how to send the total amount to Mr. Scott for my front lift Kit ...  :brow: ... but I must wait a Li'l bit...  'cos I spent some of the Kit's money in that Travel...

It took much more time than I was thinkin' ...   :(  ...

Kind Regards.

• 4 years later...

Since Resurecting Old Threads is the Mood here, I will Resurect this one, Just to Say that My Old Liftin' Problem is:

Solved!  :banana: 

Please Follow the Link Below to the New Thread...

~► http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/topic/113907-lookin-for-a-front-lil-lift/?p=1032972

Kind Regards.

► Edited to Update Web Links and add Tags for the New USMB Search System.

thlockdsmiley.gif

Thread Closed!