Ultimate Subaru Message Board

How to properly reset a rear torsion bar on ea81?

SuperRallyRoo

I have a sagging problem on the right side of my car and I noticed when I changed the struts and shocks that the LR torsion bar is set with much less tension then the RR torsion bar. I tried to give it more tension by pulling it off and readjusting it but I couldn't get the bolt holes to line up. I figured you off road guys would know best sense most of you have reclocked the torsion bar for more lift. I just want stock ride hieght without the whole car sagging about 2" to the left.:confused:

I took the bar out and it is fine... I had a replacement ready for it but it wasn't broken. So I dunno whats up with that. I'm thinking maybe it had just been removed at one point in its life and they installed it wrong? Anyway ya i got my wagon back in relatively same shape. They toasted my clutch pretty bad. But I only put a n/a legacy 2.2 disk in there. I think i'm going to go a little more beefy next time.:headbang:

I'm going to install a push-button ignition AND reverse the wiring on the ignition switch, so that you have to turn it CCW to start instead of CW. If someone turns the key the traditional way, the glovebox will eject a live rattlesnake into the passenger's seat.

I will also scotchgard the driver's seat cushion to faciliate easy wipe-ups.