Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Steering wheel removal

Trudy,the screws are from the windshield side of the steering wheel.Should be two Philips screws.

Correction,I think it's only ONE screw on the driver's side.

If you have a 4 spoke wheel you have to hold the wheel and turn the pad clockwise about a half inch or less to disengage the pad.

OK,did you re-read my post after editing?Try that and let me know how you made out.

My son is taking over the computer so I'll check back later.

If you still have my number you're welcome to call me.I'll be watching Scooby-Doo or something like that.:lol: School closings for a little white stuff-phooey!!!

Mom and Dad-send daycare!!!!!!!:-p

Hey Paul, (Moosens to the rescue again)well I finaly got it off but for everyone else who has trouble I can tell you that the 4 spoke wheels do not have screws but you have to turn the horn pad counter-clockwise 1/4 inch and then pull like hell and it will come off. Thanks so much Paul I would have never figured that out. Now if I could just get the wheel itself off!!!!! (will borrow a puller LOL) :clap:

I've never needed a puller yet and I've yanked many steering wheels off of Subarus.Give it a shot first.Lots of short tugs instead of trying to force it in one big tug.

Sometimes a tiny bit of side to side movement helps as you pull it towards you.

Geez,I could swear it was clockwise,but then again I'm a little backwards sometimes.:lol:

Happy to help.;)