Ultimate Subaru Message Board

So, im changing my air filter and when i take off the cover and pull it back i hear a snap, and look to see this thing broken. The hose comes from the air intake and through this thing and back to the engine. Can any one tell me what it is, and what is does?? I think a little glue will fix it...

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/photos/showphoto.php?photo=10112&cat=500

Assuming this is a pre 95 Impreza with a/c 1.8l , the valve is for the idle up when the a/c is turned on . The knob on the top is adjustable

As far as gluing it give it a try but there is a lot of heat and vibration and it bound to break again

Hope that helps

SEA#3

Assuming that you broke one of the nipples that the vacuum lines hook to. I find that if you take the straw off a can of WD40, brake clean ect. and cut a sort peice to fit inside the nipple with enough sticking out to go into the solenoid you can super glue the nipple back on and the straw keeps the glue from pluging the hole and provides more support so it doesn't snap off as easy agin.