Ultimate Subaru Message Board

"Mountain Patrol" paint scheme idea

This summer I want to repaint the lifted wagon. I love the shiny blue stock paint, but the hood is really ugly. I would like to repaint just the hood and front fenders, but I think I might as well paint the whole thing. I love the color blue. I do want to do a two tone thing, maybe blue and black. So any suggestions or photoshops are very appriciated. I also am gonna start working on a subaru emblem of some kind. Something kinda like that emblem on the side of some hatch patrol suby. I went around the net looking for the pic. Its got an arm holding a suby axle and says something like "international subaru brothren." So i am working on something like that. So any pics of new paint jobs or suggestions on a paint scheme is very appriciated. This is what I have so far. I fixed the ugly hood and made it as close to the original color as possible. I really like the mountains with snow. It is the Mountain Patrol afterall. I like how the side of the car is coming along. I'll probably add a little suby wagon climbing up the side of the mountain.:banana: . For the hood Im gonna have my decal thing. I still want to add a few small details.

usmbicon1k.jpg

I love how its coming along. I did this in Photoshop. I would like to keep the stock paint color with a dark blue for the mountains. I was thinking about having the mountains go all the way to the back tail gate. But I like them on the doors. Any suggestions?

side_paint.jpg

Well, there's always this ...http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/photos/showphoto.php?photo=5357&cat=585

Soviet Air Force winter camo. Blue, white light and dark grey. Later I had 'Powder Patrol' on the doors.

Sold the car, but it's still running around Kalispell and people still think it's me.

Yeah that camo is sweet. I was thinking of having snow falling on the mountains or have a cloud around the top of one. Im trying to keep it real and not just go with a regular two tone or stripes. I like how my wagon is sky color because they call montana Big Sky country. Does anyone know how much the metallic flake paint is?