Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Stolen Subaru Chase

Guest StaceyVX

Guest Hondasucks

Well, for one thiing the owner was kinda dumb for leaving his car unlocked with the keys in it, but jeeze, cops didnt' want to over-drive their headlights? Come on.. It's called, he was on a gravel road, slow down, back off, follow the dust trail!!! Stupid lazy cops....

Guest Meeky Moose

haha:rollin: a 1988 subaru wagon..... well if that 88 wagon can outrun the cops here in my town, then hell, i sure as hell can do it in my turbo wagon.. if needed...

i gotta say, for a 2wd wagon, my car doesn't slide hardly at all flyin down dirt roads... just kicks the gravel up and eats it..

i've seen that black wagon before too here in town... was a plain ole ea82, nothin special.. not even alloy's..

if the cops chasing were the ones in the crown vic's then they have push bars on the front... and they couldn't spin a soob out that was doin 25-60 mph haha...

Guest LostWater

Hey, don't be too hard on the cops for giving up. They may have saved not only their lives, but innocent ones as well.

It is likely the perp knew this dirt road. There are many out here in VA. I know I could easily outrun a cop driving a big rump roast P.O.S. Crown Vic with any slow rump roast 4wd ****achi soob any day on a gravel road that I am familiar with. Remember, we can drive with more control than they can and they weigh twice as much.

Just think if this perp was chased and the perp, or worse, the cop slid off the road and into someone's house. Like a grandmother hosting a sleepover for her grandaughter's friends. Disastrous consequences for sure.

This cop wasn't lazy, he was smart. They will get that perp soon.

Regards,

Mark

Christiansburg, VA

Guest FlyStyle

hey guys,

readin the post, it happend in c'ville and thats only 30ish mins from my home.. u guys live close to there or what?? havent met to many people on the east coast, or better yet in the va, dc,md area..

post back

Ali

Guest Hondasucks

Yeah, but I was just sayin, Crown Vic's are a HELLUVA lot faster than a soob, he actually GOT to teh road in the first place which is what surprises me, but they'll get theirs in the end, especially for stealin a soob...

Guest Meeky Moose

i live in Ruckersville, bout 20 min north of c'ville, used to live in c'ville tho. we'll have to meet up sometime Ali... only person i've met from the board is Brattysvx, when he came to get my xt6, hehe...

yeah, that why i mentioned the crown vic's have pushbars on the front, if those cops were properly trained they coulda just tapped him goin down the road 25 mph and spun him out..

then got him...

back in the day when my dad was a cop he was trained on how to do that the right way.. and he taught me lots of neat tricks, and how to execute them the right way, for just in case situations, hehe :lol:

my dad also holds the fastest track time at the LaHunta, CO police academy track.. :P he said they were all usin the "academy cars". but since he's 6'6" tall he didn't fit, so they let him use his crown vic.. he said he turned on the lights, siren, everything.. just for ****s and giggles since the academy cars didn't have any of that.. said it was lots of fun, heh...

Guest FlyStyle

Hey man,

I have one home in fishersville, thats near staunton and waynesboro, the one im at now for school is in fairfax.. if there was a meet or something i would definatly come.

take it easy man

Ali

Guest Mikldom

Perp is a pretty common word.

Mark works at Radford University as a tech in the business development center.

but I do agree with him..

Have you ever followed somebody on a gravel road? especially since it is so dry, and dusty right now?

In Virginia, the gravel is thrown on a red clay road bed, as most of the mountains here are sedimentary.

and as you follow somebody, they kick up so much dust and smoke, you can't see two feet in front of you, if you are close.

I have followed many a people at speed on a gravel road, and even during the day, you can't be to close if you want to see the road, and if you are unfamiliar with it, you are even worse off..

try this at night? with regular cop headlights.

I am no friends to cops, trust me... I have little respect for most of them..

mark was just stating the obvious, thats all..

and yes, if some innocent person got killed, it would have been a far worse tragedy, then losing some jerk off stealing a $1000 1988 suby wagon..

they better not steal my 6inch brat, or I'd kill them.. but facts are facts.

Mike

mikldom@yahoo.com

the genetic equal of Muskeg (mark)

Guest Meeky Moose

i was just refering to them spinnin him out while he was still in town.. before he got to the gravel... last time i was downtown at 3-4a.m was when my baby was born, and tell ya what, there ain't one person out but the cops at that time..

if someone stole my soob, and i saw them take off, i'd have to tell my wife to call the cops, and hop in "big red" (78'f-150 with 429 big block) and chase'em down.. i know they wouldn't get away :rollin: