Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Wiring Diagrams

My Clymer manual is pretty good on wiring diagrams. It covers a pretty wide range of years (72 -82) which can be good or bad depending on your point of view. Also the pages are about 8 X 10 size which can make it a bit tough to trace the wires without enlarging.

Hope that helps :)

Where is the most reliable source for wiring Diagrams. Ok...I Know FSMs are...but what about chiltons or haynes. Or can anyone lead me to a good engine wiring diagram for any turbo 87 +.

Thanks!

Justin.

Here`s one:http://ww2.finleyweb.net:9394/default.asp?id=142

It is my impression that Chilton's Manuals feature a greater number of more accurate schematics than Haynes. If you think Chilton's is suspect there is a good chance someone mucked with your Soob's wiring in the past. I always use my Chilton's for schematic reference. Good thing for them too, since they generally suck at everything else.

In my opinion, they rank as follows:

1. FSM

2. Chiltons

3. Haynes

In all three manuals, I have found some discrepencies regarding the exact wire color. However, all of these instances were inconsequential, as the diagrams were otherwise accurate.

The Chiltons was very helpful when doing my EJ22 conversion, as it clearly showed every wire that had to be connected to make the ECM work. I found the Haynes manual harder to use, and the FSM often includes EVERYTHING, which makes it harder to navigate.